Builds Project: (Beige) 83 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my new Stianless steel battery tray from DK Enterprises and installed my battery cables purchased from Fourrunner here on mud.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I haven't posted for awhile.
And since then I have been purchasing parts to accumulate so I can install everything at once rather then waiting once I open up my front knuckles.
Finally got to start on the front end and man oh man lots of parts to replace.
Nothing but dropping money. But well worth it after it is all said and done.

IMG_0555.JPG

5A024D4C-A477-40A3-AF6D-96E14F4E04B0.jpg

EADA1437-FC09-4FF8-B42A-A115CA401AF3.jpg

AF8190E6-AD3F-404A-88C2-CEC91477E560.jpg

79A1F21D-2B42-4BD6-BCB1-66A948BC443C.jpg

Back in June I dropped the tranny and replaced the clutch and all of its components with new Toyota parts!
Replaced the universal joints Thanks to George at Valley hybrids.

E3F9FAA8-DA37-4175-9881-97B8A544C990.jpg

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

Sorry for it not being in order. I lost track of where I was in this post.
Will update with finished knuckle job in a few days.

Well just finished installing the last pieces of my front end of my cruiser . I did a knuckle rebuild and used the Cruiser Brothers rebuild kit. Quality stuff!
Replaced the tie rods ends and bars.
Also installed the terrain tamer front rotors and went with the 4 runner front caliper conversion with an 80 series master cylinder.
Tackeling the rear brakes and replacing the rear cylinders and brake shoes.
Sent my wheels to my tire guy and have new 33x10.5 BFG All terrain tires installed.
Finally transferred Dusty to California and ordered her new black vanity plates. So lots done in a couple weeks.
Next is new Tough Dog Suspension lift from Reevesci here on mud.
Close to getting her on the road after 4 years of replacing parts and interior.
Stay tuned

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

image.jpg

IMG_1057.JPG

Last edited:
Got my new tires on my cruiser!
Finshed up my brake install.

IMG_1182.JPG

Installed a Wit's End FJ60 accessory panel unit. Simple installation and directions.

IMG_1186.JPG

Also replaced my Brake booster check valve that I broke after instaling new brake master cylinder.
Old check valve was brittle and the grommet as well.

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

New rear brake shoes and wheels cylinders ready for install.

image.jpg

Fantastic find! Reminds me of when I picked up an old 1980's GMC moving truck that had been sitting in Fairbanks for over ten years. Ran through pretty much the same start-up sequence you used (I used Marvel Mystery Oil instead of WD40 though) and she fired right up. Replaced the brakes and hoses and ran it all the way down the Alcan with no problems.

I am picking up my own '84 FJ60 in a couple hours - also Root Beer Brown! It will be fun to watch your restoration as we will be on similar tracks...

Yeah
Trim cover on mine is fine. Mirror body is completely disintegrating every time I touch it.
Yeah
Fantastic find! Reminds me of when I picked up an old 1980's GMC moving truck that had been sitting in Fairbanks for over ten years. Ran through pretty much the same start-up sequence you used (I used Marvel Mystery Oil instead of WD40 though) and she fired right up. Replaced the brakes and hoses and ran it all the way down the Alcan with no problems.

I am picking up my own '84 FJ60 in a couple hours - also Root Beer Brown! It will be fun to watch your restoration as we will be on similar tracks...[/QUOT

Right on! Yeah I enjoy finds like these. Just the anticipation of seeing if it is going to start is exciting.
I saw the potential it had when I drove there to see it. Told myself oh I'm going to make this run.
Good luck with yours and looking forward to watching your progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom