Builds Project: (Beige) 83 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting the 60’s A\C sorted out for SAS#7. Found a large vacuum leak in the expansion valve. Found a new expansion valve at a local Toyota dealer and installed it along with new 134A seals. Now to have it charged.

Well it has been awhile since I last posted.
After I fixed the expansion valve and had the A/C recharged it got nice and cold and was working for a day or so.
Pump cracked and leaked out all the Freon.
Oh well! Drove to CO without A/C to SAS#7
And she Drove like a champ.

Fast forward to today!
Not much to post only that I have been switching from my FJ40 to my FJ60 as my daily drivers with the occasional BMW motorcycle at times.
I swear I feel like my 40 series is so much better on gas than my 60 at times.
Anyways they are both running great!!
I also purchase a 2002 VW jetta from a friend for $500 needs a little mechanical work but it is clean and straight. May be using that as my daily from now on.
Unfortunately my 60 was hit by a Lyft driver today As it was parked out front. My neighbor had a called a Lyft for Herself and as he was arriving he hit my 60 and damaged my front bumper and drivers side bumper extension along with the front drivers side bumper bracket.
As he hit my 60 he canceled his pick up with her and drove off. She was standing there watching the whole thing. She knocked on my door told me about how it all happened and was smart enough to screen shot the guys info before it cleared out from his cancelation.
She filed an accident report with Lyft and I filed a hit and run report with my local PD. With the info she gave me and her as a witness.
Couple hours later Lyft claims dept. Called me and told me they will fix my truck and took responsibility for the accident.
Unlucky for the Lyft driver I still have a hit and run filed against him.
I didn’t want to take any chance I wouldn’t get my cruiser fixed.
So a good ending to a bad start this morning!
For me at least. If only he would of stopped and left a note or better yet asked his pick up who’s car he hit it would not be so bad for him.
Oh well you can’t fix stupid.
Last photo is to show how empty the street was and he still hit my truck! 7:42 am! Really?

034D701E-91AE-424F-B7F1-6CBC39EDDC9F.jpeg

BF541CD3-0DE7-44A6-A381-BED46D405FB3.jpeg

0B69D9E3-AAD1-4A35-BF90-FD12503C49EB.jpeg

Fast forward to today!
Not much to post only that I have been switching from my FJ40 to my FJ60 as my daily drivers with the occasional BMW motorcycle at times.
I swear I feel like my 40 series is so much better on gas than my 60 at times.
Anyways they are both running great!!
I also purchase a 2002 VW jetta from a friend for $500 needs a little mechanical work but it is clean and straight. May be using that as my daily from now on.
Unfortunately my 60 was hit by a Lyft driver today As it was parked out front. My neighbor had a called a Lyft for Herself and as he was arriving he hit my 60 and damaged my front bumper and drivers side bumper extension along with the front drivers side bumper bracket.
As he hit my 60 he canceled his pick up with her and drove off. She was standing there watching the whole thing. She knocked on my door told me about how it all happened and was smart enough to screen shot the guys info before it cleared out from his cancelation.
She filed an accident report with Lyft and I filed a hit and run report with my local PD. With the info she gave me and her as a witness.
Couple hours later Lyft claims dept. Called me and told me they will fix my truck and took responsibility for the accident.
Unlucky for the Lyft driver I still have a hit and run filed against him.
I didn’t want to take any chance I wouldn’t get my cruiser fixed.
So a good ending to a bad start this morning!
For me at least. If only he would of stopped and left a note or better yet asked his pick up who’s car he hit it would not be so bad for him.
Oh well you can’t fix stupid.
Last photo is to show how empty the street was and he still hit my truck! 7:42 am! Really?

View attachment 3529485

View attachment 3529486

View attachment 3529487
Jeez, rideshare drivers🤡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom