Programming LX470 Key Fob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Followed Beto's first post and it worked on my 99 LX. Much appreciated.
FOB is BBT-4C

Last edited:
Okay just to confirm, i have a 2007 LX470, i bought the key off eBay and was able to program the remote to work!

48943539368_92a894b494_b.jpg

This is the link to the eBay ad i bought it off of, i at $17, it's a no brainer, plus the unit itself looks really good and the key part is very sturdy, doesn't wobble or feel weak.

But don't count your chickens yet, i have to go get the key cut and program the immobilizer, any reason why the remote work but the immobilizer would give me issues, or should i assume it'll be able to work?
Were you able to get this to work for the immobilizer. I have an 07 LX. The eBay key works for lock and unlock but won't crank the engine. The Tech stream sw will fail at the end when trying to program it.

Were you able to get this to work for the immobilizer. I have an 07 LX. The eBay key works for lock and unlock but won't crank the engine. The Tech stream sw will fail at the end when trying to program it.

Most of the aftermarket keys are supplied with Toyota keytags. These are not recognized by Lexus. You just need to swap out the little ceramic chip in the remote for the correct Lexus chip.

Yep, mine works and starts the truck like a normal master key.

You need these.
MVIMG_20201229_112004.jpg

Thank you so much. Where can I get them.Do you have the part# ? I can also buy it from you if that's an option.

This is the error I get.

View attachment 2538891

View attachment 2538892

How many do you need? Send me a message with an address and I will get them out. If they fix your problem then you can pay by helping someone you don't know.

Happy New Year!

How many do you need? Send me a message with an address and I will get them out. If they fix your problem then you can pay by helping someone you don't know.

Happy New Year!
If you don't help someone, Mauser will hunt you down with his, um, Mauser.

Do the world a solid!

If you don't help someone, Mauser will hunt you down with his, um, Mauser.

Do the world a solid!

Haha. It hasn't come to that yet. I am pretty sure most, if not all people do their part and keep their end of these deals. If not, the extreme generosity of others will make up for any deadbeats.

After receiving my Ebay keys and using the directions provided by Beto Cruiser, I was still unable to program the ignition immobilizer. Below is a sequence found on TLC FAQ that worked for my 2002 LX. Transponder Key Programming

The system respects up to 5 Master and 3 Valet keys. If the programming sequences dont work for you there may be too many keys programmed. To determine the key type you have do the following:

When doing any of these operations timing is critical – use a watch if you have no sense of time. :)

Program a New Key (1999-2002):

1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.
  2. Insert your existing master key into the ignition. Do Not Turn!
  3. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.
  4. Within 20 seconds depress and release the brake pedal 6 times and remove key.
  5. Within 10 seconds insert new key into ignition.
  6. Within 10 seconds depress and release the accelerator pedal 1 time.
  7. After 80 seconds new key is registered and security light goes off.
  8. Remove new key and depress and release brake pedal 1 time.

Program a New Key (2003+):

2. Insert your existing master key into the ignition. Do Not Turn!
  3. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.
  4. Within 20 seconds open and close the “driver side” door 6 times and remove key.
  5. Within 10 seconds insert new key into ignition.
  6. Turn the ignition cylinder ON and leave on for two minutes.
  7. Turn ignition cylinder OFF and remove new key
  8. Open and close the “driver side” door 1 time.
  9. After 60 seconds new key is registered and Security light goes off.
  10. Depress and release brake pedal 1 time to terminate programming.
  11. Insert new key and observe security light goes out.
  12. Start you Land Cruiser to confirm operation.

To delete all but one Master key from the ECU (1998-2002):

2. Insert an existing master key into the ignition cylinder. Do Not Turn!
  3. Within 15 seconds of inserting the key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 6 times.
  4. Within 20 seconds of completing the above step, depress and release the brake pedal 7 times.
  5. The Security light will flash, indicating all keys other than the one being used have been deleted.
  6. Remove the key from the ignition cylinder within 10 seconds.

Alternate Method to delete all but one Master Key from ECU (2003+):

1. Insert Master Key and Cycle ignition 6 times (Lock to on then back to lock)
  2. Within 35 seconds open and close Drivers side door 7 (seven) times.
  3. Remove the key from the ignition cylinder within ten seconds.
Would these processes be the same for a Toyota Landcruiser. I have a 2002 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon TD. Have tried these and so many other processors to do the following :

1. Auto lock and Unlock with ignition.
2. Remove all master keys except the current one I have.

I have tried all as many different ways as possible.
I guess next up is techstream

Happy New Year!
Thanks and Happy New Year! I bought an Amazon key with HYQ12BBT. I will try much luck with it. I'll reach out to you if it doesn't work.

Lesson Learned: Program the key before cutting it!! Ebay seller said he won't take return coz of that.

Posting here hoping someone could help. I purchased a 2000 LX a few months back with only one key. I tested it out and it's a master key because the security light goes off immediately when the key is inserted. So recently I purchased an aftermarket key from eBay hoping to program it as a spare. I got the ebay key cut and ready to program. But I ran into a problem with trying to program the new key. When I inserted my programed key into the ignition now the security light continues to flash and it won't stop until I started the car. Before the light would turn off immediately but now it won't. I don't know what happened. I have tried all of the listed methods to program the new key without success. It seems like the system will not enter program mode. Is my ECU faulty. Should I try to reset the ECU? Thanks.

You "may" still be in program mode. Go back to FSM instructions and follow its exiting procedure step by step.

Posting here hoping someone could help. I purchased a 2000 LX a few months back with only one key. I tested it out and it's a master key because the security light goes off immediately when the key is inserted. So recently I purchased an aftermarket key from eBay hoping to program it as a spare. I got the ebay key cut and ready to program. But I ran into a problem with trying to program the new key. When I inserted my programed key into the ignition now the security light continues to flash and it won't stop until I started the car. Before the light would turn off immediately but now it won't. I don't know what happened. I have tried all of the listed methods to program the new key without success. It seems like the system will not enter program mode. Is my ECU faulty. Should I try to reset the ECU? Thanks.
Have you tried using Techstream software? It is the easiest way to program the immobilizer function. If you are getting errors shown in the #26 post, then your key fob chip may be incompatible.

Hi, any luck on this issue? I have the same issue. My current master and valet key does not disable the security feature until I turn the ignition to on or start the engine. When I insert the key, but don’t turn it, the security light just blinks, therefore like you, I can’t get it into programming mode. If your driver door is open and you insert the key in the ignition, do you get the key left in ignition beeping? I don’t and I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.

My Indy Toyota shop that I go to could not program me a new key either via software or manually because they too could not get the truck into programming mode. Hoping to have to not go to the dealer to run a full diagnostics.

Hi, any luck on this issue? I have the same issue. My current master and valet key does not disable the security feature until I turn the ignition to on or start the engine. When I insert the key, but don’t turn it, the security light just blinks, therefore like you, I can’t get it into programming mode. If your driver door is open and you insert the key in the ignition, do you get the key left in ignition beeping? I don’t and I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.

My Indy Toyota shop that I go to could not program me a new key either via software or manually because they too could not get the truck into programming mode. Hoping to have to not go to the dealer to run a full diagnostics.

Did either of your keys EVER disable the security light or is this something new?

In my ownership (from when I bought the car used) they never disabled the security feature upon insertion into the ignition.

Then it sounds as if you don't have a Master Key.

When first inserted into ignition:

(a) Security light continues to blink = unrecognized key.
(b) Security light goes off IMMEDIATELY = MASTER key
(c) Security light remains illuminated for 1-3 seconds before going out = VALET key

Then it sounds as if you don't have a Master Key.

When first inserted into ignition:

(a) Security light continues to blink = unrecognized key.
(b) Security light goes off IMMEDIATELY = MASTER key
(c) Security light remains illuminated for 1-3 seconds before going out = VALET key
I believe I have a true master and valet. I am able to start the engine with either key.

I believe I have a true master and valet. I am able to start the engine with either key.

Both of them would and should. That is NOT diagnostic of a Master Key however.

Do you have a working security light?

security light.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom