Programming LX470 Key Fob (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just set up a FOB and master key, for an 07LX without either. The fob you show is a HYQ 1512V. Try it but I doubt it will work.

All the ebay & Amazon sellers are showing these HYQ 1512V good for 03-07, some even say 98-07. They are wrong IMO.

I had to get Fob HYQ 12BBT for my 07LX (06-07 LC or LX). I found one that was listed as a refurbished, with short uncut key for $50.

I had a tough time doing the job, as I had two issues.

1) DTC for inop wireless receive. Found that dome lights were out, along with running broad lights and door open light on dash. As it turns out, all was due to a dome fuse RH J/Box. Replace the fuse and DTC cleared and all lights worked.

2) But still, I could not get new FOB (1512V) to work. So I grab my 06 LC fob and it worked. Pulled it apart and found it to be 12BBT fob.
06-07 is the 12BBT fob

@2001LC thank you for this post. If I'm reading this correctly, in order to program a new key there must be no DTCs to complete the programming? Thanks

@2001LC thank you for this post. If I'm reading this correctly, in order to program a new key there must be no DTCs to complete the programming? Thanks
In my case, DTC was for door lock receiver. As it turned out, a fuse for dome light also powered the wireless door FOB receiver. Replaced fuse and than was able to program/recognize new door FOB.

BTW: Immobilizer is different system entirely. But the chip for it, is in the FOB.

Last edited:
I changed the battery in my FOB and now only the lock button on the FOB is working. I tried the steps in the original post and at step 8 I only get one cycle vs. five. When I continue on I get the two cycles after programming noting that it failed. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions about what I can do differently to program?

I used the steps in the first post to program my 99 LX door locks. Worked like a charm!

Anyone have experience on troubleshooting key fob programming? I've got the key paired as a master (had to use techstream to reprogram), but every time I try to pair the remote I always get two cycles of unlock/lock and the fob fails to program.

If old fob works, but new will not work. Likely wrong frequency. But also ( may be year dependent, happen to me in 07LX), if dome light fuse dead, it powers door fob receiver also.

If old fob works, but new will not work. Likely wrong frequency. But also ( may be year dependent, happen to me in 07LX), if dome light fuse dead, it powers door fob receiver also.
Unfortunately I don’t have any working fobs. Truck was sold to me with only a valet key. Finally managed to reset the immobilizer through techstream and pair new master key.
Dome lights all work, 2001 LX. I do have an aftermarket head unit - wonder if that could have anything to do with it

01LX may or may not have dome and FOB on same fuse. IDK. So do check fuses!

The receiver for FOB is not in head unit. It's in rear LH cargo area.

IIRC when I had this happen, there was a DTC in tech stream. Which help point in direction of blown fuse. I had blown fuse and wrong FOB. Luckily I had a another 100 series of same year range (06-07) in my driveway. Found it's (LX) FOB did work in my (LC), once I replaced fused.

You may find some help here on types of FOB. They have a code printed on them.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a 2002 LX 470. It only had one master and one valet key, so I figured it would be a good idea to get some spares. Local locksmiths quoted $160 to cut/program a key. I didn't like that price. Then I saw a post by @katit for photo-cut keys on ebay. It was $35 and they fit perfectly. I used my current master key to program the two new keys following the instructions in this thread (from FAQs). Finally, I needed to program the fobs to lock/unlock the doors. The instructions provided from the ebay purchase did not work. The thread titled "Door locks programming" on FAQs seemed to be just for programing the locks to lock when shifting to park (let me know if I missed something...), not to program the fobs to work. After a lot of experimenting with the instructions I was provided with the keys, with various threads on here, and with youtube videos, I was able to program the fobs. Here is the sequence I used:
  1. Lock all doors
  2. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, UNLOCK and OPEN driver's door
  3. Insert key into the ignition (do not turn) and then remove the key
  4. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  5. Close the door, then open the door
  6. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  7. Insert key into ignition and turn to ON then OFF once, the remove key
  8. The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself 5 times, signaling it is in programming mode.
  9. Simultaneously press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote you want to program
  10. Press and hold the LOCK button on the remote you want to program for about 2 seconds until you hear the locks lock and unlock. This is a confirmation that it worked. If it locks and unlocks twice, the programming has failed.
  11. Repeat steps 9-10 for each additional key that you want to program.
  12. Close the driver's door or insert the key into the ignition to exit programming mode

A few notes:
  • I had to do this procedure with my already-programmed key first, and then repeat steps 9-10 with the additional keys after.
  • Some places say you need to perform steps 9-10 outside of the car. That didn't work for me. Inside the car worked.
  • Some places say you need to hold the buttons in step 9 for 1.5 seconds. That didn't work for me. I had to press them once and release, then hold in step 10 for 1-2 seconds until I saw/heard the locks cycle.
  • If you go through steps 1-8 and then mess up step 10, I think it deletes the programming. On one of my earlier attempts I ended up wiping the programming on my initial key. Thankfully I was able to figure out the correct sequence later and restore it.
  • Some places say to go slowly, but I did everything quickly and it was fine.

Attached are photos of the instructions the ebay seller provided me, for reference.

View attachment 2109384

View attachment 2109385

View attachment 2109386
I recently purchased a 2002 LX 470. It only had one master and one valet key, so I figured it would be a good idea to get some spares. Local locksmiths quoted $160 to cut/program a key. I didn't like that price. Then I saw a post by @katit for photo-cut keys on ebay. It was $35 and they fit perfectly. I used my current master key to program the two new keys following the instructions in this thread (from FAQs). Finally, I needed to program the fobs to lock/unlock the doors. The instructions provided from the ebay purchase did not work. The thread titled "Door locks programming" on FAQs seemed to be just for programing the locks to lock when shifting to park (let me know if I missed something...), not to program the fobs to work. After a lot of experimenting with the instructions I was provided with the keys, with various threads on here, and with youtube videos, I was able to program the fobs. Here is the sequence I used:
  1. Lock all doors
  2. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, UNLOCK and OPEN driver's door
  3. Insert key into the ignition (do not turn) and then remove the key
  4. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  5. Close the door, then open the door
  6. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  7. Insert key into ignition and turn to ON then OFF once, the remove key
  8. The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself 5 times, signaling it is in programming mode.
  9. Simultaneously press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote you want to program
  10. Press and hold the LOCK button on the remote you want to program for about 2 seconds until you hear the locks lock and unlock. This is a confirmation that it worked. If it locks and unlocks twice, the programming has failed.
  11. Repeat steps 9-10 for each additional key that you want to program.
  12. Close the driver's door or insert the key into the ignition to exit programming mode

A few notes:
  • I had to do this procedure with my already-programmed key first, and then repeat steps 9-10 with the additional keys after.
  • Some places say you need to perform steps 9-10 outside of the car. That didn't work for me. Inside the car worked.
  • Some places say you need to hold the buttons in step 9 for 1.5 seconds. That didn't work for me. I had to press them once and release, then hold in step 10 for 1-2 seconds until I saw/heard the locks cycle.
  • If you go through steps 1-8 and then mess up step 10, I think it deletes the programming. On one of my earlier attempts I ended up wiping the programming on my initial key. Thankfully I was able to figure out the correct sequence later and restore it.
  • Some places say to go slowly, but I did everything quickly and it was fine.

Attached are photos of the instructions the ebay seller provided me, for reference.

View attachment 2109384

View attachment 2109385

View attachment 2109386
I just bought my LX470 today. Previous owner said the key fob “never worked”. I took your instructions out to my new vehicle and followed the directions. Took 2 tries but it worked. Thanks for posting this!

Yep, mine works and starts the truck like a normal master key.
Did you change transponder chip in your new eBay key to 4D67-TP29 according to Mauser's recommendation or your key worked out of the box without changing the transponder chip?
On my internet search I couldn't find any transponder 4D67-TP29 but there many 4D68-TP29 AKA 4D68 40 bits and all claim to work for LX470. I have spare eBay key, the remote works but can't sync it with ECU.
My car is 06 LX.
Thanks!

Did you change transponder chip in your new eBay key to 4D67-TP29 according to Mauser's recommendation or your key worked out of the box without changing the transponder chip?
On my internet search I couldn't find any transponder 4D67-TP29 but there many 4D68-TP29 AKA 4D68 40 bits and all claim to work for LX470. I have spare eBay key, the remote works but can't sync it with ECU.
My car is 06 LX.
Thanks!

When I was fighting with getting one of the Lexus Credit Card emergency keys to work with my 06 LX, the 4D68 chip was what I eventually got to work.

1669275100067.jpeg

(Not mine, for illustration only)

By the security light behavior, my vehicle seems to think that my emergency key is a master.

Last edited:
When I was fighting with getting one of the Lexus Credit Card emergency keys to work with my 06 LX, the 4D68 chip was what I eventually got to work.

View attachment 3176696
(Not mine, for illustration only)

By the security light behavior, my vehicle seems to think that my emergency key is a master.

The card keys are all programmed as masters.

Reactions: jLB
My car is 06 LX.
Thanks!

Do you need a transponder chip?

The card keys are all programmed as masters.
Where were you 8 years ago, when I was trying to figure out why my eBayed CC key wouldn’t work 🤣

I bought lx470 2002 with one key, I guess it was the master key…then I ordered an other uncut key from Amazon…followed the door lock unlock process to program the new key….now my new uncut fob locks and unlocks the car but my old fob does nothing…I tried the procedure multiple times…the car goes into programming mode by fails to reprogram the original FOB….what does that mean? Have erased the old key?

All attempts were made while sitting in the car…with both keys in hand….so I have to keep the new programmed kay out of the car to programs the old one again? Do I have to use the erase process as mentioned in the chain above? Please guide as I am total newbeee here

I bought lx470 2002 with one key, I guess it was the master key…then I ordered an other uncut key from Amazon…followed the door lock unlock process to program the new key….now my new uncut fob locks and unlocks the car but my old fob does nothing…I tried the procedure multiple times…the car goes into programming mode by fails to reprogram the original FOB….what does that mean? Have erased the old key?

All attempts were made while sitting in the car…with both keys in hand….so I have to keep the new programmed kay out of the car to programs the old one again? Do I have to use the erase process as mentioned in the chain above? Please guide as I am total newbeee here
If you have turned the key in Ignition to ON and OFF 5 times that certainly will delete all the keys. Turning the key to ON and OFF once and you will able to reprogram your original key fob.

Just tried that…didn’t work
Maybe you have reached max keys programmed. You need to erase some keys. Let me share the info here.
Turning Key to On and Off in ignition, Check the table below.
Once to program a key remote transmitter code whilst retaining the original codes.
Twice to program a key remote transmitter code whilst erasing the original codes.
Three times to check how many key remote transmitters are currently registered.
Five times to erase all registered codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom