Power Steering Selection Criteria (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@wngrog I am looking at going done the electric path and am putting the suspension together now. Do you think caster shims are necessary with ome 2.5 springs and stock shackles?

I'd install the lift, then measure what the caster is. Then get the proper shims. After installing the shims check the driveshaft ujoint yokes and see if they bind when the suspension is at full droop. If they bind you may have to clearance them a little, and more likely with higher degree shims. I ussually shoot for 3 to 5 degrees.

I'd install the lift, then measure what the caster is. Then get the proper shims. After installing the shims check the driveshaft ujoint yokes and see if they bind when the suspension is at full droop. If they bind you may have to clearance them a little, and more likely with higher degree shims. I ussually shoot for 3 to 5 degrees.
@pb4ugo all good advice, thank you!

100% electric via @Racer65

Effortless turning of 33’s. Even wide ones.

No belts. No cutting.

Simple. I absolutely love it.

Man, I didn't even know this was thing until you wrote this. Thanks dude.

I did the mini truck conversion with a chevy pump, an aftermarket box mount and a home made pump bracket. It works and I dont regret it, but no one was making easy electric kits back then. The mini truck setup would not be at the top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom