Power steering question (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The best driving Power Steering setups I have are Saginaw. They eliminate the center arm and the extra drag link.
And there lies the issue about the center arm drag link. It's pain when it's worn out causing it to wander on road. Causing the driver to constantly move the the steering wheel to keep it on the highway. However, when everything is working perfectly it's drives like a dream. I honestly did not think it would possible. But I also don't run 35s. The biggest advantage I have noticed is when you playing on the rocks, the factory setup keeps you fingers from jamming when you hit a rock. Other steering systems will cause the steering wheel to rotate violently. And if you are not careful you easily hurt your fingers. I did purchase a rebuilt fj60 power steering gear box thinking I would not like the fj40 setup but so far I kept this mod.

"bought a new PS gear case from Toyota and a rebuild kit and transferred over the internals from a mini truck PS gear"

If you don't mind, which vendor did you use and you have part number of the kit?

The biggest advantage I have noticed is when you playing on the rocks, the factory setup keeps you fingers from jamming when you hit a rock. Other steering systems will cause the steering wheel to rotate violently. And if you are not careful you easily hurt your fingers.
Only time i really hurt my hand was with stock steering. Since, and after going Ssginaw, i slways follow the "keep your thumbs outside of the steering wheel!" Rule.

Last edited:
You should be able to find a case at your favorite discount Toyota parts dealer. I did this in early 2018 so prices have probably increased some. Please double check these part numbers.

housing: 44107-26030 $390 McGeorge Toyota, Richmond VA

seal kit: 04445-35040 $112 LaGrange Toyota, LaGrange GA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom