Power steering gearbox leaking

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
That particular job is straight forward. You will need appropriate tools to remove the pitman arm from the gearbox and to remove the fluid fittings. I would not suggest you attempt the job unless you have the proper tools for those steps.

cruiserdan said:
That particular job is straight forward. You will need appropriate tools to remove the pitman arm from the gearbox and to remove the fluid fittings. I would not suggest you attempt the job unless you have the proper tools for those steps.

Thanks for the response, I don't have the proper tools as it seems, just basic car tools and sockets and wrenches. How many hours of labor would this be?

cruiserdan said:
I do not know what the "book" time is but I would allow 2-3 hours for one of us to do it, assuming proper tools and cold beers...:D

2-3 horus doesn't sound that bad. Might have LCS my local cruiser shop do it once I get a freaking job :mad: . No one will hire me ANYWHERE due to the fact that I'm gone at the end of the summer. Been this way since the beginning of June. Still waiting on getting the money to replace my main o2 sensor.

tucker74

Where did you find a box for $300 ... I've been looking for about a year, last one on eBay went for $600+. Find another one and we can do both in my driveway :D

Tucker

Top Bottom