Power steering gearbox leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much of a job is it to swap the gearbox. I can get one used no leaks for $300

That particular job is straight forward. You will need appropriate tools to remove the pitman arm from the gearbox and to remove the fluid fittings. I would not suggest you attempt the job unless you have the proper tools for those steps.

cruiserdan said:
That particular job is straight forward. You will need appropriate tools to remove the pitman arm from the gearbox and to remove the fluid fittings. I would not suggest you attempt the job unless you have the proper tools for those steps.

Thanks for the response, I don't have the proper tools as it seems, just basic car tools and sockets and wrenches. How many hours of labor would this be?

I do not know what the "book" time is but I would allow 3-4 hours for one of us to do it, assuming proper tools and cold beers...:D

cruiserdan said:
I do not know what the "book" time is but I would allow 2-3 hours for one of us to do it, assuming proper tools and cold beers...:D

2-3 horus doesn't sound that bad. Might have LCS my local cruiser shop do it once I get a freaking job :mad: . No one will hire me ANYWHERE due to the fact that I'm gone at the end of the summer. Been this way since the beginning of June. Still waiting on getting the money to replace my main o2 sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom