Powder Coating Colors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am gathering the items that are grey/silver to be powder coated. The image below is of my glove box door and 2 samples of powder coating that others have used. My glove box seems to have a "greenish" or maybe even "brownish" tint.
What powder coat color did you use?

IMG-3844.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: SMG
It looks to me like that Electro Gold is the closest macth. What do you all think?

It looks to me like that Electro Gold is the closest macth. What do you all think?

FWIW: Prismatic - Vegas Gold (see below, against my OEM front bumper)

IMG_3168.jpg

FWIW: Prismatic - Vegas Gold (see below, against my OEM front bumper)

View attachment 1762968

That looks spot on! Off the top of my head, front bumper, pocket door, instrument cluster, seat backs, auxiliary heater, ww motor, door regulator, inspection cover, dome light bracket, rear view mirror.....are typically same color?

I just order some seatches from prismatic, I’ll have vegas gold, electro gold, glaxy grey II, and dazzling pewter to compare. I can post some pics when I receive them too.

I had a boat-load of parts done in Vegas Gold. I think it's as close as you can come, although it may have just a touch more gold tint in some lighting.

Ashtray cover next to new factory bumper:

img_1180-jpg.1745648

Ashtray next to new turn signal housing:

img_1179-jpg.1745647

Glove box door next to bumper in sunlight:

img_1182-jpg.1745650

Seat frames and other parts:

img_1183-jpg.1745651

Cluster facia:

img_1186-jpg.1745675

Glovebox door assembled:

img_1188-jpg.1746596

I’m lucky
ALL my pieces need doing. So....
If it’s wrong it least it will all match
I've needed to do everything on mine, except the new bumper. But since mine is a '64, everything pewter is inside, except the bumper. So if it doesn't match the bumper exactly, no one will know.

My biggest issue is that I have two parts that I couldn't powder coat—the inside rearview mirror and the high/low lever on the dash. Both items have non-removable parts that won't take the baking temps of powder. Going to have to paint them, and I doubt the paint will match perfectly. But that seems to be the only choice.

I had a boat-load of parts done in Vegas Gold. I think it's as close as you can come, although it may have just a touch more gold tint in some lighting.

Ashtray cover next to new factory bumper:

img_1180-jpg.1745648

Ashtray next to new turn signal housing:

img_1179-jpg.1745647

Glove box door next to bumper in sunlight:

img_1182-jpg.1745650

Seat frames and other parts:

img_1183-jpg.1745651

Cluster facia:

img_1186-jpg.1745675

Glovebox door assembled:

img_1188-jpg.1746596
How many pounds of powder did you order?

How many pounds of powder did you order?
5 lbs. That did all of the following:

Small seat base cushion
Small seat back cushion
Small seat back panel
Small seat slider frame
Slider covers
Small seat hinges
Small seat pivots
Large seat base cushion
Large seat back cushion
Large seat back panel
Large seat hinges
Gauge cluster face
Ash tray cover
Glovebox door
Grab bar

Here's a related update - The Pewter rattle can paint from JT Outfitters is a REALLY good match for Vegas Gold. Will work for touchups, and for parts that are inconvenient to powder coat.

Land Cruiser Silver Trim Paint (pewter) - JTOutfitters

Ash tray Vegas Gold, mirror bracket JTO rattle can.

IMG_1219.jpg

Im curious are you all doing these smaller parts at home, or are you taking them somewhere to be done. Im considering buying the Eastman powder coating gun, getting a cheap oven, and wondering how forgiving the process is. It looks relatively easy, looks like there is a learning curve but maybe not to steep of one?

It looks like Vegas Gold is a god choice for the pewter pieces. What color black do you all like for black trim pieces?

The Eastman's kit is great. I purchased the kit 18 years ago to work on my Cobra kit car. Since then it helped with the frame off restoration of a 71 442, 67 Vette, (2) 69 GT0'S, 77 FJ40, 71 Vette and many misc tasks. I do have an blast cabinet and an industrial size welding rod oven that can fit parts like rims and oil pans in it. An old oven would be fine since you don't do this in your kitchen oven. Powder coat does not like sharp edges so if you can, break the sharp edges to get a small radius. It is an easy process. The hardest part is applying it into tight corners and getting it from where you apply the powder it to hanging it in the oven.

Curious... anyone have a powder coat color for the seat backs in the later 40's? It is a flat grey color. I also think the roll bar and some of the fold-down seat frame parts are the same, depending on the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom