Powder Coating Colors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From what I am reading the hardtop/rain gutter are one color and the headlight bezel is another.

Any thoughts on the bumper and bumperette bolts after doing the powder coat ( Vegas GOld). Should I powdercoat these or use the Stainless that CCOT or others offer. Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

Any thoughts on the bumper and bumperette bolts after doing the powder coat ( Vegas GOld). Should I powdercoat these or use the Stainless that CCOT or others offer. Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
I would keep it simple and go with stainless. Have you powder coated your bumperettes Vegas gold?

I would keep it simple and go with stainless. Have you powder coated your bumperettes Vegas gold?
i have not coated yet. I may choose the Prismatic Champagne Gold instead of the Vegas Gold. Both are very close. It is a bit closer to some earlier interior paint done. Will send pictures after completed. Stainless bolts seem right as powdercoat on used bolts will be a problem upon makeup. Thanks

Curious... anyone have a powder coat color for the seat backs in the later 40's? It is a flat grey color. I also think the roll bar and some of the fold-down seat frame parts are the same, depending on the year.
RAL 7043 "Traffic Grey B" was a perfect match for my seat backs and rollbar.

To make this easier to find next time I’m searching. The Toyota pewter powder coat color that’s the best match from Prismatic Powder Coating is Vegas Gold per my direct observation of parts coated by @GA Architect and sent to me for comparison to my brand new OEM factory front bumper (photos earlier in the thread).
Don’t know why it took me 2 hours to find this thread again!

Hope this helps someone.

I just got some powder coated with Vegas gold and painted some with the JT outfitter paint and it matches pretty good. The paint is a little more glossy than the powder coat.

That’s Vegas Gold on the door regulator on a stock bumper. That’s Vegas gold on the bottom and JT Outfitter spray paint on the top with the glove box covers and cluster faces. JT outfitter paint on ash tray. Vegas gold on spare tire carrier.

58A72F58-08EA-4925-8649-45B03CD4C874.jpeg

B824167E-45EE-48E3-900D-88A0D6637A27.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just did all my seat frames and misc. interior pieces in my 72 in Vegas Gold, based on this thread. Everything came out amazing. I was using Duplicolor BGM0528 Fine Silver Birch on some items on my 76 that I'm "going cheap" on, and it's almost impossible to tell the difference in color between it and Vegas Gold! I seriously doubt you can get any closer to OEM than either of these options.

Vegas Gold on the left, Duplicolor Fine Silver Birch on the right. Only difference is the shine from the clear I had just put on the Duplicolor.

999ADA43-6467-46F4-9003-0B927C31B667.jpeg

Has anyone gone with a clear powder coat over the Vegas Gold. Prismatic recommends a clear top coat for exterior use. I know it’s another step, but some comments have mentioned the color is slightly duller than rattle cans. Link to Vegas Gold.

Has anyone gone with a clear powder coat over the Vegas Gold. Prismatic recommends a clear top coat for exterior use. I know it’s another step, but some comments have mentioned the color is slightly duller than rattle cans. Link to Vegas Gold.

Been out of stock for a while so going to try Prismatic Steel Silver.. found another member that claimed to be a better match than Vegas Gold.

I did not clear coat any of the Vegas gold powder coating.

I did not clear coat any of the Vegas gold powder coating.

All mine will have base coat, "steel silver" and exterior parts will receive a top coat most likely. Just trying to find a drivers seat frame for a 62-71 then I will be taking it to sandblast/powder.

When yo
All mine will have base coat, "steel silver" and exterior parts will receive a top coat most likely. Just trying to find a drivers seat frame for a 62-71 then I will be taking it to sandblast/powder.
u say top coat do you mean a Clear coat that is Powder coat applied?

I would assume a second bake, I’m not a powder coat applicator. I just drop it off at the shop and pay the unexpectedly large bill at the end haha.

All mine will have base coat, "steel silver" and exterior parts will receive a top coat most likely. Just trying to find a drivers seat frame for a 62-71 then I will be taking it to sandblast/powder

I would assume a second bake, I’m not a powder coat applicator. I just drop it off at the shop and pay the unexpectedly large bill at the end haha.
Be careful with having them sand blast thin metal parts like your cluster face or ashtray lid. Those parts warp and put very easily. The powder coat shows everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom