Poverty Pack Modifications / Feature Delete Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2105169
I wonder if there is a matching 2H-4H-4L transfer case? Or do the front axles still always spin?
By the looks of it, that kit has a spool so the rear axle is always driven, and then the CDL lock engages the front axle. If you wanted to have a 2H - 4H - 4L transfer shifter you'd need to get a factory part time HF1A transfer

I believe there is a conversion kit for the transfer, but I don't believe it's worth the expenses:D
Agree, IMHO Toyota knew what they were doing with full-time 4x4, far better road manners than a part time truck, especially during evasive maneuvers

Lol.

Go buy an Audi

The door cards are on partsouq, pick any 105, body section. Not that I could find pic of them anyway, nor could I find possible blanks from Australia which seemed probable.

Agree, IMHO Toyota knew what they were doing with full-time 4x4, far better road manners than a part time truck, especially during evasive maneuvers
I went ahead and read the discussion (like 7 pages worth) about the manual hubs, your three replies helped me better understand how the hub conversion kit (that the spool effectively disconnects the front transfer case until CDL is engaged) would result in the 2H -4H -4L experience, but you would need to get out and lock your front hubs!!

On my next 100 it will be an LC to go with the LX, and on that rig I would love to do a poverty spec in terms of appearance, but keep all the other goodies. Flex Dream does a good job with that, trim delete, plastic grille, steel wheels. I just love the look but do enjoy my amenities.

Henry ......perfect 100!

(feel bad it took me this long to notice, I don't get over to 100 series much....missed ya)

Thanks for putting this together! I've always liked the look of the "poverty pack" Land Cruisers (of all series) and just recently did a trim delete modification on mine! View attachment 2104843

I noticed there's no night view delete, that's good.
This has quickly become my favorite 'mud meme. Never change, @nukegoat, never change.

Thanks for putting this thread together @hoser. Kinda neat to see the options, but the "stock" mod on the top of my list would be the tire carrier for sure.

Time for some appropriate IFS wheels....

42601-60580 (16x6.5)
HYrlzhm.jpg

1571306753398.png

42601-60591 (16x6.5)

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 3.01.56 AM.png

This one is a 105 but you get the point.
245.jpg

Last edited:
They did have manual windows. The internal mechanism is not that expensive but the door cards make it very expensive. And they are quite different than the power window door cards... and so you can't just install manual windows with our door cards.

If you remove your rear AC, the 1998 passenger side rear panels will give you about 3" of more width in the trunk area. But I would probably just keep the panels as is and use the internal space for other things. A water tank/bladder would be nice.
Rear AC was not available in the USA on 1998 LC.

Rear AC was not available in the USA on 1998 LC.
Yes, that’s what I mean. Take the ‘98 panels off a wrecked 98 and put them in a 99-07 for more room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom