Potential Purchase: Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, looking for some advice here.

Found a 2004 470 for $10K with 187K miles.

$10k sounds like a lot but when I went to look at it, it seems the PO and the current owner basically did all the major maintenance items. Extensive service records through local dealership + a few from local mechanic.

New brake booster @ 30K

Had a new steering rack @ 120K

New radiator and alternator done at Lexus

Timing Belt and Water pump @ 172K

CV's, bushings, and struts done around 172K

Just had all fluids besides Transmission flushed this year.

Brand new airbags and associated parts

New cat converter (Owner says he also did a new exhaust manifold with this, don't know enough to verify that, what would be the best way to verify without records?)

And brand new stock tires on it right now.

Looks like mostly all highway miles and it's lived its whole life locally (no rust)

Would this be a good candidate for a daily driver? It'll be my only car and i plan to put an iron man suspension, BFG's and new wheels in the future.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Sounds very well maintained. That isn't a bad price if it isn't leaking and cosmetics are tight. Dash done? Tcase actuator not leaking?

Cosmetics are good, dash missed the recall so that's a bummer, rest of the interior is tight. I'll have to get back underneath it when I go look again and do a more thorough look, but didn't see any leaks first walk around.

There is another recall starting for dashes. Not sure what years yet.

enter the VIN number on the Lexus owners site and you'll get a history of what was done at any of the Lexus dealerships

yes, the GX is a fine vehicle for daily driving

Last edited:
New cat converter (Owner says he also did a new exhaust manifold with this, don't know enough to verify that, what would be the best way to verify without records?)

The manifold and catalytic converter are a one piece assembly on these engines. It's usually a cracked, leaking manifold which warrants the repair so if they decided to change the manifold, the cat would have to have been done, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom