Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this is a high mileage thread,but its still nice to see people finding 100's with only 125k miles. Getting rarer.
It was kinda a s*** post :p - but I know you guys would be glad to see a low mileage 100 series. Still in disbelief I own this rig, I bought it back in May!

How does it drive? Rattles? Feel loose or squirly?
I really drives great, no rattles, no loose or wandering steering, and with the ARB suspension, much tighter (it feels less like a luxury ride, now more responsive and sure footed, stiffer but just right) and less body roll than original. It took some time and a few adjustments to get the front end height adjusted which was easy and a single adjustment so the steering and load on the front end felt correct but once done, all is good. No alignment issues, goes down the road straight, no vibrations, etc. and still quiet with the BFG All Terrain KOs.

Now that I think about it, no play in axles, no clicking in the various CV or other joints, no loose suspension bushings that I know of, it just rides well.

I have never seen a drop of oil on ground from it, and I can't think of even ever adding a quart in between changes.

Single recent regret is that when I replaced a cooling fan clutch as the older one started to whistle at one RPM, the non-OEM one I replaced it with is louder than factory at warmup but other than that it runs like an truck with 50,000 miles if you ask me.

I really drives great, no rattles, no loose or wandering steering, and with the ARB suspension, much tighter (it feels less like a luxury ride, now more responsive and sure footed, stiffer but just right) and less body roll than original. It took some time and a few adjustments to get the front end height adjusted which was easy and a single adjustment so the steering and load on the front end felt correct but once done, all is good. No alignment issues, goes down the road straight, no vibrations, etc. and still quiet with the BFG All Terrain KOs.

Now that I think about it, no play in axles, no clicking in the various CV or other joints, no loose suspension bushings that I know of, it just rides well.

I have never seen a drop of oil on ground from it, and I can't think of even ever adding a quart in between changes.

Single recent regret is that when I replaced a cooling fan clutch as the older one started to whistle at one RPM, the non-OEM one I replaced it with is louder than factory at warmup but other than that it runs like an truck with 50,000 miles if you ask me.
That's awesome to hear. Maybe the '98/99s are the best years? I'm partial to my 2004, but...

I work for my friend’s shop that does vehicle inspections and mild repairs, you should see how superior Land Cruisers are built vs other cars/trucks on the road. We drive something unique for sure, my 235K miles cruiser drives better than 99% of the vehicles I pull into my shop with 1/4 the miles.

That's awesome to hear. Maybe the '98/99s are the best years? I'm partial to my 2004, but...
On the hunt for a Hundy to replace an 05 2UZ 4Runner… the 5s speeds feel so smooth, but I actually haven’t test drove a 4speed yet. Seems like highway rpm/mpg is still very similar from what I read on the mud forums. Honestly I haven’t looked for 99s-02s all that much… maybe I should 🤣

Fortuitous time and place for this 100's coming-of-age milestone last Friday.

PXL_20220903_013844953.jpg

Wow - are you the original owner? It's obvious you care deeply about maintenance and show a modicum of care when inside the interior.
Thanks for the compliments. No, I bought it 7 years ago with 237k. Its my wife’s vehicle and the family truckster. I do all the maintenance and detailing myself.

Been the best vehicle I’ve owned. Still purrs like a kitten. Other than the power telescoping function of the steering wheel, everything works. Original AHC, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom