Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20220112_220131.jpg

20220125_155152.jpg

FDD0DD30-77B6-4810-A9FB-C3F4F1B7A0DF.jpeg

Wanna sell that cypress pearl beast?

Now 5 of 6 have 300k miles or more.

64EB1675-630C-4FD5-ABDD-2FAA24C0467C.jpeg

Bought this '03 LX back in December with 260k miles needing LOTS of love. 8k miles later, she took us on a cross country trip from SC to CO and back, covering almost 6,000 miles with barely a hiccup.

My '99 (I bought new) now at 452,600.

I've been updating with what little work/repairs this truck has needed earlier in postings (never needed engine or transmission work, no diffs, no X-fer case) with only typical 'wear' parts like water pump, timing belt, alternator, brake rotors, AC components, 3 ignition coils, a window motor, and finally CV axles/boots when the rubber boots had holes. I don't think the valve covers have ever been off. I did wear out steering wheel and shift level coverings, many front floor mats and front seats can now use re-upholster. OK, a few instrument lights are also dead. Most recent repair was a cooling fan clutch.

Maint includes regular oil/filter changes with 5W-30 synthetic in recent years, diff fluids when I remember to ask at >50K intervals, a couple of transmission fluid changes, coolant and brake fluid flush when I think about around 100K intervals, and that's it. I stopped looking at the service manual long ago.

Solved warped brake rotor problem (boat trailer doesn't have brakes and I previously over heated truck brakes warping rotors) with drilled/slotted aftermarket rotors and never occurred again.

It has the early (problematic???) 2 pinion front locking diff, which has functioned perfectly. This truck has been a frequent and long haul tow vehicle for boat, motorcycle trailer, and utility trailer it's entire life as well as many trips to the remote high desert of California and mountain trails of Central Coast California with zero problems when remote. Its amazing how often this launches my 20' boat in salt water (putting back end of truck in water) yet there is zero rust.

Truck is almost all original with only ARB/OME shocks and coils and 2.5" lift, same (cleaned, re-used) K&N Air Filter since new, modern nav/sound system, and LEDs/HID headlights and LEDs inside cabin. The BFG All Terrain KOs are original size and all around great tires that last >70K miles. The truck will still hit 100mph and 14.5 +/- mpgs on regular unleaded (premium on a few times over it's life).

LC.jpg

Odo 453K.jpg

My '99 (I bought new) now at 452,600.

I've been updating with what little work/repairs this truck has needed earlier in postings (never needed engine or transmission work, no diffs, no X-fer case) with only typical 'wear' parts like water pump, timing belt, alternator, brake rotors, AC components, 3 ignition coils, a window motor, and finally CV axles/boots when the rubber boots had holes. I don't think the valve covers have ever been off. I did wear out steering wheel and shift level coverings, many front floor mats and front seats can now use re-upholster. OK, a few instrument lights are also dead. Most recent repair was a cooling fan clutch.

Maint includes regular oil/filter changes with 5W-30 synthetic in recent years, diff fluids when I remember to ask at >50K intervals, a couple of transmission fluid changes, coolant and brake fluid flush when I think about around 100K intervals, and that's it. I stopped looking at the service manual long ago.

Solved warped brake rotor problem (boat trailer doesn't have brakes and I previously over heated truck brakes warping rotors) with drilled/slotted aftermarket rotors and never occurred again.

It has the early (problematic???) 2 pinion front locking diff, which has functioned perfectly. This truck has been a frequent and long haul tow vehicle for boat, motorcycle trailer, and utility trailer it's entire life as well as many trips to the remote high desert of California and mountain trails of Central Coast California with zero problems when remote. Its amazing how often this launches my 20' boat in salt water (putting back end of truck in water) yet there is zero rust.

Truck is almost all original with only ARB/OME shocks and coils and 2.5" lift, same (cleaned, re-used) K&N Air Filter since new, modern nav/sound system, and LEDs/HID headlights and LEDs inside cabin. The BFG All Terrain KOs are original size and all around great tires that last >70K miles. The truck will still hit 100mph and 14.5 +/- mpgs on regular unleaded (premium on a few times over it's life).

View attachment 3095269

View attachment 3095271
How does it drive? Rattles? Feel loose or squirly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom