Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ignore all the dash lights. They’ll be off soon.

575C2222-31B3-454A-B85F-9B8C4BF68A48.jpeg

Not a 100 series but my brother’s 4.7 4runner . Purrs like new too and valve cover gaskets starting to leak, consume maybe 1qt of oil between 5K mile oil changes
1E2665FD-490D-4EC0-AF46-533EE3D3CFD4.jpeg

Not a 100 series but my brother’s 4.7 4runner . Purrs like new too and valve cover gaskets starting to leak, consume maybe 1qt of oil between 5K mile oil changes View attachment 3231851
A 2UZ should not consume oil - really ever. How are the exhaust manifolds holding up?

A 2UZ should not consume oil - really ever. How are the exhaust manifolds holding up?

Manifold is good, I haven’t heard any ticking. Engine sounds like it has 40K miles on it not 400K. Just marvelous engineering

IMG-0049.jpg

I completely missed 555,555 so this was the only picture I got. I did get a P0430 code while I was in Florida, so there's a chance the cat is fouled up, I cleared the code and haven't seen it since 🤷‍♂️, but feels like the gas mileage is not great especially cold and around town as opposed to hwy. But 24 years and 555,000 miles is probably decent for the OE converter, just hoping I dont have significant issues with valves/rings and oil blowing by or something.

Bro I thought I was dusty.....
Yeah man this 100 series was picked up with the fender damage. I fix the fender. Was going to restore it. Yada yada yada and hail damage and it was totaled. So now I just drive the crap out of it and practically live out of it. I live on a dirt road too so that doesn't help

Damn! Just ran to the store for some soda and my tranny blew!

How did I not see that coming? It's such a known issue, after all.
Damn! Just ran to the store for some soda and my tranny blew!

How did I not see that coming? It's such a known issue, after all.

Shoulda bought a 98 or 99...they are so much better!

(Kidding...) :D

Shoulda bought a 98 or 99...they are so much better!

(Kidding...) :D
Speaking of a '99, is this the end of mine at 457K? 1st time it's ever needed a rescue.

LC Odometer 2264.JPG

LC on Tow Truck .JPG

Happy ending, truck is fine. Nothing more than a fan/accessory belt that broke as a result of a pully bearing finally failing at 457K. That was a first, wife was driving so her fault.

I've reported on this (bought new) amazing '99 Landcruiser before but now 457K and still runs perfectly. No motor work ever besides maint and wear stuff (alternator, radiator, AC parts, coils, rotors, CV/Axles, worn steering wheel and shift knob), but the valve covers have never been off, zero transmission, diff, rear locking diff, or transfer case work for anything. It tows a 20' salt water fishing boat often, and no rust from launching. The original radio antenna still powers up and down....

Extras include only ARB/OME lift and nice shocks, LEDs all around, better tunes, drilled/slotted rotors (don't warp like factory), and K&N filter since new. Not a drop of oil used in between changes, 14mpg no matter what.

Needs include only to replace the front seat leather which I'll do next.

LC and SeaCraft.jpg

Happy ending, truck is fine. Nothing more than a fan/accessory belt that broke as a result of a pully bearing finally failing at 457K. That was a first, wife was driving so her fault.

I've reported on this (bought new) amazing '99 Landcruiser before but now 457K and still runs perfectly. No motor work ever besides maint and wear stuff (alternator, radiator, AC parts, coils, rotors, CV/Axles, worn steering wheel and shift knob), but the valve covers have never been off, zero transmission, diff, rear locking diff, or transfer case work for anything. It tows a 20' salt water fishing boat often, and no rust from launching. The original radio antenna still powers up and down....

Extras include only ARB/OME lift and nice shocks, LEDs all around, better tunes, drilled/slotted rotors (don't warp like factory), and K&N filter since new. Not a drop of oil used in between changes, 14mpg no matter what.

Needs include only to replace the front seat leather which I'll do next.

View attachment 3288564
How many timing belts? Cracked exhaust manifolds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom