Post up what you pedal (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cary

What's up with the mountain bike with the kid carrier? Do you think he really enjoys being dragged all over the mountain while sitting in a trailer? I noticed you have suspension wheres his? I could not imagine sitting in my little M101 trailer while some one else towed it with my FJ.

Just goofin ya! Cool bike. Have a Mongoose Rockadile that has had some serious upgrades.

Are you 6'9" ? The last time I saw a head tube that long, the guy was 7'1". He had a long torso though :D

P7180015.jpg

Thats him next to my 4'11" wife.

:eek: I'm not that tall. I'm only 6'4" with about a 36" inseam.

Are you 6'9" ? The last time I saw a head tube that long, the guy was 7'1". He had a long torso though :D

P7180015.jpg

Thats him next to my 4'11" wife.

I see you took your helmet off so you didn't look so tall. He he

2000 Mongoose Pro Road Bike - Titanium frame, these were built by the same frame builders who build (built?) the frames for LiteSpeed before 'Goose sold out to become department store CRAP! I bought the frame and built it up myself with Dura Ace 9 speed, Colorado Cyclist built Mavics, ITM Millenium cockpit, Profile fork, Chris King Ti NoThreadset, Selle Italia saddle, Speedplay pedals with Ti axles, Michelin rubber. Very fast ride. With my 50cm frame, it weighs about 14lbs! My mountain bike is a 1996 GT Avalanche with a Marzocchi R700 fork, Ritchey Logic pedals. I swapped stems for a shorter Salsa (Kore was OEM) and added V-Brakes when they came out (canti's were OEM). I've rebuilt the fork twice and love the ride quality. It's one heavy bitch, but it's coil/oil and plush as anything! I'm currently building a single speed with an OLD Specialized Hardrock I found out by someone's trash one day. Everything was pretty rusty, but the tires aired right up! I think it had been stolen because the S/N has been filed off and the tiires were flat. This is a fairly common bike to turn into a SS because it has horizontal drop outs that are long enough to be adjustable with a little Dremel work. I've never built a SS, but Sheldon Brown has been a life saver!:cheers: - Rob

Right now I am rolling a 1985 Bianchi Stelvio with a lower end Campy set up. I had the same bike when I was in high school and for some dumb reason I decided to sell it and buy a VW Bus with the money. I saw the one I have on ebay and landed it. I think it is a great bike. I love the lugged steel frame.

My other rig is 1995 Gary Fisher Paragon. I have it set up as a city bike, and it shows no signs of konking out on me.

My 1956 Schwinn Super Hornet Custom Deluxe with a kickback two speed Bendix hub got ripped off from my house a couple of months ago. I was pissed, but I should have brought it inside instead of locking it to my fence. Oh well, some a****** has a pretty cool cruiser now...

Rode the Fixie in this morning. :cool:

Last edited:
Rode the badass GTAvalanche in today.

1.25 slicks are fast!

Last edited:
My current ride is a Trek Fuel 90:cool:, no disc brakes yet, perhaps someday...

I still have my chromoly Specialized Hardrock (no suspension) from college.

I just built up this Scattante with full Ultegra gear this spring.

Scattante080211_01.png

Don't have the after pics, but I converted this Colnago to a SS shortly afterwards. It's from around the late '80s.

IMG_3309.jpg

I also have an old POS Univega MTB that I need to replace at some point.

Klein Attitude 1992

Hardtails with no suspension forks are cool.

bikes004web.jpg

Redline Monocog 2004 IIRC

bikes002-2.jpg

My daily driver. The one below is a bit newer, note the internal cable routing. Mine runs along the top tube. I also don't have the nifty 7/11 decal on the top tube :frown:

1989ish Merckx Corsa in 7/11 color scheme. I <3 this ride....

Merckx%207-11.jpg

Last edited:
My current commuter is a 1972 Peugeot PX10 converted to single speed

No photo. I have an old 80's-maybe the first year they came out-Specialized Stump Jumper. Recently was introduced to road biking and may get one of these some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom