Post pics of your dog(s)with your 80! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Riding on a rainy day
1590600898275.png

My sweet sweet Laika, a now 14 year old pittie who has been battling cancer since December took her two final rides in the cruiser today. She has been declining pretty quickly over the last two weeks and especially over the weekend. I scheduled a vet to euthanize her on this sunny day in her own back yard with her 13 year old brother present. She went peacefully and quietly and her last breath was of my scent. The first two pics are of her back in her prime . The second two are of the final trip to the pet store , where she mustered up one final pep in her step to smell all the smells and take treats from the staff which was the first thing she’s been willing to eat in days. She barely had the energy to hold herself up to look out the window. The last pic is her final ride on her favorite blanket down to the funeral home. Until we meet again my sweet girl, Rest In Peace
E2229DA4-6A3B-4483-8022-F7D6C2B50A8D.jpeg
866D154A-030D-47EA-9F5C-BED09DD443AD.jpeg
F0EC6099-03EA-4156-9F92-5549E60518CE.jpeg
174D9602-29BE-4999-BF54-22A2E5027CE8.jpeg
D0D690D6-AD71-4CA2-8BF2-7D649705DBF4.jpeg

Last edited:
@Dubbinchris I am so sorry for your loss. They absolutely become family. Our Toller, Lucky, is now 14 as well and has slowed down significantly this last year. He spends most of his day sleeping in the sun. I am not looking forward to the day when he goes. Thank you for sharing the pics.

That's so hard, man, sorry to hear. If there's any consolation, I'm sure she lived the best life possible and you have lots of great memories.
Thanks man. She did have a great life and was originally was a shelter dog pulled by a rescue group at about 1 year old and then spent 3 years in a foster home until I adopted her. She out lated several relationships and a brief 3 year marriage. She enjoyed three different big fenced yards and good food the whole time. I do indeed have tons of great memories. Thank god for the iPhone and the cloud!

@Dubbinchris I am so sorry for your loss. They absolutely become family. Our Toller, Lucky, is now 14 as well and has slowed down significantly this last year. He spends most of his day sleeping in the sun. I am not looking forward to the day when he goes. Thank you for sharing the pics.
Thanks! Indeed they do become family. Back in her hey day we could run 8 miles together in the middle of the summer. She definitely started slowing down but if it wasn’t for the cancer I’m sure she would have had a couple more good years. Cancer sucks in both the human and the dog world. Hold your Toller tight man, and never take for granted the time you have now!

Last edited:

Our Duck Toller / flat coat / border collie?? mix turned 8 this summer. Its good to know there's a decent chance she could make it to 14.

1597687281246.png

Our Duck Toller / flat coat / border collie?? mix turned 8 this summer. Its good to know there's a decent chance she could make it to 14.

View attachment 2407657

^^^ beautiful dog!👍

Our Toller is pushing 15 now and still has plenty of play left in him, only just in 20 second bursts :). Other than some benign cysts we removed about three years ago, he has had no health issues. Good hips, joints, teeth, etc. He is a SUPER mellow dog and I suspect that laid back energy level has something to do with his longevity.

When he was about 6.

7C774481-5D8B-4C53-B1ED-2075302D7D21.jpeg

My most recent trip to Montana. The first pick is the divider I made so I could sleep in the back without the pooches crawling all over me at night. The second is of the canine hydration station I made. Want the pooches to get water as they need while traveling. My two miniature schnauzers: Wilber my boy who has the uncropped ears and Caris my girl with the pink leash attached.
b+RLHNnJQp2N7%g8LWSH4g.jpg
tE7QCGjBSau2BezPljjGKQ.jpg
fCUH7uMbTOOvIdeZxOluXQ.jpg
GBvCb6vZTMCVMdsN1%jsHA.jpg
n7LYv68xSyOU10A6KC41%A.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom