Possibility for soft tops in the US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No way you can produce the same quality factory replica top and frame/bows as Ehsan does for twice the cost. I'll be hugely amazed if you even come close. Just the door frame alone is a complicated endeavour :rolleyes:

Tad.... what about tinted windows?? any chance...

I guess this thread is dead due to the fact Eshan as got his s*** together with Immortal 4X4??

I called Heritage Sheet Metal to see if they have the Bows, and they said that they dropped that product from their line and they do not know of anyone still making them. They mentioned trying TLC.

I really wish I had a set of bows to take over to my local Fabricator. They are ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS metal fabricators, and I'm positive they could come up with something great. I doubt it would be as cheap as Eshan's, but I have a real problem paying cash upfront and waiting 6 months for a sight unseen products.

No more interest??? I want a better top than I got from s*** Bird.......

I'm up in Leadville and I would be willing to help with the design. If you are going to make a new soft top, then let's make it better than what is out there, not just similar. Perhaps work off of the rollbar with the frame so an integral roof rack system could be included. Perhaps someone out there has a lead on used racing sails. that material is sometimes clear. I'd love to help, let me know. As you can see, everyone is looking for a new soft top option. It sounds like you and your dad are on the right track. I am sure that this forum will provide a million soft top design improvements, should be a lot of fun. Let me know if I can help.

Did you guys ever get one of the tops built?

{I just checked Ground Up restore of his 1973 factory soft top and found all the pictures gone. I know he got his top thru RickD. This was the nicest reproduction top I've ever seen. I would be interested in one if if was patterned after that one. That's if a picture can be found. Looks like Ground UP still check the board once in a while and even if he sold it I'm sure he still has pictures.}

These tops were made by a canvas shop in Cody Wy, they told me that they would not make anymore of them, cheers, larry

Old thread, that never went anywhere. If you're interested, I will have tops and bows starting in May. PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom