Builds Portland Troopy Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s good to know. I’m concerned with packing away and the interior getting soaked before being able to air out later.

That’s good to know. I’m concerned with packing away and the interior getting soaked before being able to air out later.

The windows all zip down nice and weather-proof. It was raining sideways and we just zipped up that side.

I haven't checked in for a while.

I've had zero issues with rain. I camped at Thanksgiving on the Washington coast and the rain was blowing sideways. Bone dry. There IS issue with condensation though. Really need to vent or the walls get wet from the inside.

The latest upgrade are the front brakes.
Front brake calipers and pads - 1994 4wd V6 pickup
Brake Master Cylinder - 1995 T100 non Abs 4wd

Seems to stop quicker.

I've camped every.single.weekend since I literally can't remember. When I come home to Portland on Sunday I can't wait to leave again on Friday.

"Really" liking the storage box that I put on the bumper. That thing is super handy!

A pic from last weekend in the Umpqua National Forest. I suspect it may now be on fire. 300K acres burning right now in Oregon. High wind, low humidity. Bad combo.

Umpqua Forest.jpg

Good to know that the Alu-Cab is keeping the rain out. I'm in the process of putting an order through.

I have condensation problems too, even if I crack a window. But then again Japan is extremely humid.

I ordered some Blidimax Black window insulation covers, just waiting for them to arrive.

with our Alu-Cab roof top tent we also have issues with condensation. we have been able to just leave the very top of the windows open. one thing I really like is that the tent material is such that it will be black inside when you close it all up, useful here during the long summer nights.

When my 70 is finished up I’d like to take a long trip with my son to camp and mountain bike. Might ping you for info on good spots
Very happy to help......

Camping on the Deschutes River in Central Oregon last weekend.
Deschutes.jpg

Haven't posted in a while.

A couple of pics from last weekend in the Mt. Hood National Forest. The Troopy has a nice inside space when it's dark and cold outside.
camping.jpg
snow.jpg

Do you have a heater in there or did the window insulation allow for body heat to keep you and your canine warm enough?
It has an espar.Also a water boiler.

The window covers do make a big difference.

It has an espar.Also a water boiler.

The window covers do make a big difference.

Who made your window covers? I really like mine but I never tried them in the cold on a camping trip. Just to keep heat out.

Who made your window covers? I really like mine but I never tried them in the cold on a camping trip. Just to keep heat out.
The window covers on all of the back windows are solar screen.

The covers on the two front windows are top gear to go. I also bought a mosquito net from top gear for the rear of the truck.

The solar screen product attaches to the windows with suction cups......and they don't work very well...at all.
The top gear screens attach with magnets.

The guys name at top gear is Doug and he's stand up. I bought some magnets from him and sewed (had them sewn) onto the solar screens. The solar screens do seem to be a bit thicker but if I was going to order one over the other it would be top gear as the fit is spot on and the magnets keep them in place.

Having your windows covered makes a huge difference when it's cold outside. Keeps the heat out as well. I keep the rear screens on all the time. I can see out well enough from the side mirrors.

Hope this helps.

Tell me about this water boiler?
Only thing left on my list of things I would like ha!
The Elgena boiler.

It's like a gallon and a half capacity but the water is super hot so a little goes a long way when mixed with cold. It has a pretty big amp draw (7 I seem to remember) so you really need to have it turned on while the truck is running. I turn it on about an hour before hitting camp and turn it off when I arrive. The water stays hot for several hours and sure is a nice luxury. I have an ensuite (sp?) shower stall that I can run a veg sprayer out the window for showers. To be honest I haven't used the boiler all that much but I'm going to START using it as again having water is a real nice thing.....doing dishes, etc.

I bought mine from the guys in Canada and they were helpful. My water pump was putting out too much pressure so they sent me a pressure relief valve and it now works perfectly. You can be aware of that.

I would also investigate a heat exchanger. I think that you can also use that to heat your diesel block but I'm spitballing.

Check it out though......a nice add on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom