Poor Mans Rotisserie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Icantdive55

SILVER Star
Threads
I finally finished my rotisserie. I have such a confined space I needed to be able to move the tub around and flip on it's side so I can do all the sanding and body work. Anyway thought I'd post up some pics of a poor mans tub turner. It does work very well.
The tub is a 65.
Tub 5.jpg
Tub 6.jpg
Tub 7.jpg

Very Nice!!, casters on the sides and top? so you can move it any position?

Thanks, No casters on the top because I made it too tall and I need to be able to roll it in and out of the garage. I was going to but... oh well. I may find some smaller ones and add them later if I really need too.

Rod

That is REALLY cool. Really.:cool:

But it does look like it could stand to be about a foot shorter and still get the job done.

I will definitely mention this thread when someone mentions DIY tub work.;)

Best

Mark A.

Very creative idea! :clap:

Maybe add some retractable casters on all sides? That way you could 'roll' it around regardless of it's position then retract the casters so it sits firmly on the floor and doesn't shift around for grinding and such. You could possibly use lawn mower height adjusters to raise and lower them? :beer:

also you can weld the side/top wheels on to be just over flush. just make a plate to weld the wheels to and have the wheels protrude about 1/4"

DUDE! this is a refine and sell idea.

a bolt together portable rolling rotating rotisserie that can be disassembled and stored in a very small space.

Brilliant!

I'll take one of the deluxe model that will handle a 60 please.

Those are some pretty good ideas guys, thanks. Thanks for all the nice comments also. As far as the color of the tub goes I'm not sure what color it is. I'm going to save a piece to take to the paint store and see what we can come up with, but that is a long time away.

Rod

The space is deceiving. Normally the wife has her car parked in there.

Redding and I dive a lot. Mostly whiskeytown and shasta and a little in the river. All local and very easy to get to within 30 minutes.

Rod

That is an awesome idea. Sometimes you look at something and say why didn't I think of that. Simple; yet very effective.:hmm:

Damn!
One question? How is it attached to the body? Can you post up some more pictures showing the mounts? Damn good idea!!:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Well done!
" when there's a will, there's a way"

Here is another pic of it out in the driveway. I think you can see it better. I attached it at the mounts for the roll bar and the windshield hinge. With just a little effort a guy could use an existing roll bar or cage if you wanted. The reason I made it so narrow (less than 48") is so that I can roll it into the back of my pickup and take it to the hydroblaster if I decide to. Thanks again for all the great comments. Rod
Tub 11.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom