Polk db651 In Front Door - Fitment Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

To you guys who have installed this speaker (not the Polk db651s, just the db651) were you able to remove the OEM speaker and retain the factory grill in the front doors? I have read too many posts with seemingly incomplete information. Can you give me a simple answer please? Mine is a 1996.

Thanks
Russ

I didn't have factory speakers and used the mount and the grill provided by Polk. My backs match the fronts (6 1/2 instead of 5 1/4).

So did you put them in the factory location, installed in the door itself rather than the door panel? If so, did you have any problems? Any depth issues?

I don't think you can use factory grill. I painted the Polk grills to match the interior and mounted speaker using supplied spacer and a few washers to space out far enough.

Nope...factory grills don't work. Use the little spacer they give you and the Polk covers and it works just fine. The dxi line has decent grills that don't look like space ships.

Like others have said, no you can't use the factory grill. I decided to not use a grill as I wasn't a fan of the look of the Polk grill. That aside, they sound great when pushed through an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom