Plugs/ wires and rotor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
(95 FZJ80 73K miles)

My mechanic recently replaced the Plugs/ wires and rotor but still does not idle as smooth as I thought it might after this replacement. I am now questioning if they were really replaced.

Question: is there a way you can tell if the mechanic really changed the Plugs/ wires and rotor other than cosmetically? (my engine bay was spotless before I went in for service :doh: )

Could my valves need adjustment?

thanks

There are several reasons why you might not have a smooth idle that would not be affected by a change of those parts.

In the future, if you have any reason to doubt that parts have been changed....request that the old parts be returned to you.

Unless you are willing to pull one of the plugs... there is no sure way to know if they have been replaced. Plug wires should look and feel new, the cap and rotor can be removed and you may be able to tell from their condition inside as to whether or not they are new.

Don't go by idle quality however.

Plug wire check

Acolella;
If u want to check the resistance of the plug wires, here is a list of resistances in ohms of a brand new set that I keep as back up...

PLUG WIRE # RESISTANCE
1 1.82
2 2.14
3 2.88
4 3.03
5 3.76
6 3.94
COIL 1.72

Hope that helps a little

David in Denver

Tools R Us said:
If they are Toyota wires, they have the born on date printed on the wire.
Good one. ;) I did get it serviced at Toyota so they should be OEM wires. I will give it a look.
thanks

dfmorse said:
Acolella;
If u want to check the resistance of the plug wires, here is a list of resistances in ohms of a brand new set that I keep as back up...

PLUG WIRE # RESISTANCE
1 1.82
2 2.14
3 2.88
4 3.03
5 3.76
6 3.94
COIL 1.72

Hope that helps a little

David in Denver

thanks for the info, I will check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom