1fz-fe Changed plugs and leads now missing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sounds like a couple cylinders. Took all apart and checked plugs are tight and leads are on.could it be another issue?

found this hose and don’t know where it goes I guess it vacuum? Second pic shows where it comes from

IMG_8842.jpeg

IMG_8841.jpeg

I don't have one on my 80, but that looks like a vacuum reservoir. I've had them on other vehicles. Maybe check the vacuum routing diagrams for ideas?

If it was running proper before then it's definitely the plugs or leads.

Did you gap the new plugs properly? I have come across instances of folks missing the crush seal on a plug also. Literally have had to pull the most heinous plugs imaginable on an Isuzu trooper to find the previous "Mechanic" didn't notice missing crush seals. I've never seen double stacked seals like what happens with oil filters.

I've also installed new plug wires and had issues that turned out to be missing internal pieces, whether the ring on the plug end or the chingadera on the dizzy end. Have also had plug wires where aforementioned terminals were present but inadequately crimped into the lead.

With the engine idling pull the leads off one at a time to see if idle changes. If it gets worse it's a good wire, pop it back on. If it doesn't change there a culprit, check them all.

If that doesn't work I'd check the plugs for proper seals and gap. If all is well I'd check that the dizzy cap isn't damaged, I've actually lost the contact in the cap under extreme driving with my old Chevy....don't judge I was a teen. I also lost a driveline...twice, Lol. I got so good at replacing U-joints it was sad.

If the cap and rotor are looking good you may need to check your timing. I don't know if you were the last one to do plugs prior but some folk adjust their dizzy to get their rig to idle better as their vehicle exhibits idling and performance issues....you know because one bolt and turning the cap is easier than multiple spark plugs. No...seriously...dealt with it numerous times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom