plasma cutter and some ductape (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

deleted 80 rocker area. will delete more soon. cats are going bye bye!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Starting to get the shakes, need an update fix.

Its a Huskqvarna Viking - circa 1951 - built in Sweden -company founded in 1872. Its built like a small tank. Im thinking canvas top.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I picked up a singer walking foot era ww2 to learn on and do my interior. And fyi. Its called fabric welding. Not sewing.

I've done upholtery "welding" and its cool. - not as fun as melting things together but something to take some nerdy pride in.

I had a canvas boat top shrink on me. It would be a good idea to search out preshrunk material when the time comes if its available.

shot of adapter piece in place which allows me to plug in the 80 bulbs

then just had to adjust/bend up the flanges to set the depth of the bulb......and rebend the holddown clips to clear the 80 bulb housing.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Love this build, can't wait to see it all completed. Any plans for a bulkhead of sorts between the bed and the cab? That's probably all I would have done differently aside from maaaaybe attempting a removable ext cab metal roof that follows those same lines you've made for the canvas roof. Looking forward to more progress pics!

Very cool idea and execution...arm chair quarterbackin' with some ideas on the lower extra cab door angle...it seems like you are kind of putting together a "rat rod" asthetic, and judging by your fleet it looks like you have to do alot of time management, so you may not be going for a super smooth blended siituation and don't want to start spiraling out of control chasing down details, just my .02 on what may not take too much time and improve the function and lines a little

upload_2015-2-6_19-13-29.png

upload_2015-2-6_19-16-8.png

Compared to original: (yes super hack photo choppin'!)
upload_2015-2-6_19-21-43.png

dirtyboots: yes - that area will likely be finished off with a locking box ( possibly for compresso inside) similar to this one near the rear wheelwell when i finish the "get it on the road" stuff.

image.jpg

This build is f**king bad a$$

Bacon Bits is lookin' good, Tim! What's that shackle on the front of Linus rated at? Looks beefy enough to live all 3 rigs off the ground at the same time.

I've been wondering how I was gonna fit the 60 lights to the front of my 80. Thanks for the idea on keeping my stock light harness and bulbs!

Bacon Bits is lookin' good, Tim! What's that shackle on the front of Linus rated at? Looks beefy enough to live all 3 rigs off the ground at the same time.

Shackle is a 25 ton Crosby ! :doh: so i think its good to lift 10 cruisers all tied to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom