Pismo / Oceano Dunes Meetup Nov 2012 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like there is some definite confusion out there now that Pismo Jim isn't putting together this epic annual event. Some of the FJC crew is planning on Nov. 2-4?

car-car said:
Sounds like there is some definite confusion out there now that Pismo Jim isn't putting together this epic annual event. Some of the FJC crew is planning on Nov. 2-4?

All the more reason to hold the event the following week...

Ahhhhh???????

Change is hard for all of us at times , but I think if you just pick a week end well be there ! Yea well miss snt( thanks Jim for 10 good years!)snt started with what 9 rigs,, and what was last years count....

Pick a day brother lets start a new people will come for the same reasons we all went to snt , good times good people's, and good stories!

If you need help don't hesitate to ask, I put it out there to Jim , a large event like that can and will burn you out , dived up the work ( set up, tear down , poker run..... ) free up some relax time for you.... Share the work load, share the pride in making it a great event for years to come

landcrusher909 said:
Just saying. I put my vacation in a year in advance for this event. First weekend in Nov. Sure we have had some bad weather in the past but like the locals say give it an hour and it will change. Like all the events we are lucky to attend its not about the name, T shirt, or even the trails its about the People ! Getting together sharing stories, swapping tech info, beating on our rigs ( well some of us :grinpimp: ) For us its more like a Family Renuion than anything else.

Well said!!

Amen

Ahhhhh???????

Change is hard for all of us at times , but I think if you just pick a week end well be there ! Yea well miss snt( thanks Jim for 10 good years!)snt started with what 9 rigs,, and what was last years count....

Pick a day brother lets start a new people will come for the same reasons we all went to snt , good times good people's, and good stories!

If you need help don't hesitate to ask, I put it out there to Jim , a large event like that can and will burn you out , dived up the work ( set up, tear down , poker run..... ) free up some relax time for you.... Share the work load, share the pride in making it a great event for years to come

Well said too.lets just show up guys.:clap:

So I'm a bit confused... Is there a confirmed date for this? I'm pretty much a local to the dunes (SLO), but I'd like to invite my dad out for this trip as he is the original owner so some sort of date would be helpful/appreciated.

Excuse my missing something in the thread that says other wise.

Pismo / Oceano Dunes Meetup November 9-11th

As with many attendees of the previous Surf N Turf events hosted by Pismo Jim, we ourselves found that no sooner we were on our way home - that we were already looking forward to the next years event (or coming back even sooner). Now that the "tide has gone out on S-N-T- what will the new tide roll in?

The good news is that there will indeed be a new event! It will develop and grow, eventually becoming it's own tradition.

In planning this event, there were two major events to clear. First is the Oceano Dunes Nature Preservation period which closes access to the southern part of the beach until Sept. 30th. The second is the largest automotive event on earth which is the SEMA show October 30th thru November 2nd.

Out of consideration to those who voiced concerns over dates, we posted a poll. The official and final dates are Nov 9th-11th.

Results posted here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/...oll-pismo-oceano-dunes-meetup-nov-2012-a.html

Thank you for everyones support, this is going great time on the beach!

:cheers:

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Still kinda wish it was the first weekend. Made it a dual purpose trip for me. Birthday and Wheeling.

As a local that has supported and helped Jim, changing the dates is a bad move. For 10 years it has worked with SEMA and people doing both....and we're increasing the bad weather risk quite a bit even though it's only one week....trust me, I live here and work a block away on the Oceano Airport. As is apparent, this screws it up for quite a few people. We've had hundreds of trucks at SnT...so 9 vs. 12 votes for a particular date doesn't even count.

Keep the first week and don't screw or over think a good thing. That's my advice.

I may of voted but if it has been great in years past why change the date now. Not enough votes were cast to call it a good vote.

Here's a compromise:

Lets keep this year's date as its has always been, the first weekend in November. This will make it easy for those who already have their vacations scheduled. It also provides continuity with the event.

Then for next year, once the new event is established, the date can change. I think it's a bad idea to change the date. Specially this late in the game.

Just my two cents.

Alvaro

alvarorb said:
Here's a compromise:

Lets keep this year's date as its has always been, the first weekend in November. This will make it easy for those who already have their vacations scheduled. It also provides continuity with the event.

Then for next year, once the new event is established, the date can change. I think it's a bad idea to change the date. Specially this late in the game.

Just my two cents.

Alvaro

I agree w/ this.
There's A lot of folks who have put the time in a long time in advance for the original dates...
There will end up being TWO Events otherwise and diluted down an not nearly as much fun.

Incredible............pushing the date further into November, how lame.

The weather has already been s***ty enough the last few years.

As a local that has supported and helped Jim, changing the dates is a bad move. For 10 years it has worked with SEMA and people doing both....and we're increasing the bad weather risk quite a bit even though it's only one week....trust me, I live here and work a block away on the Oceano Airport. As is apparent, this screws it up for quite a few people. We've had hundreds of trucks at SnT...so 9 vs. 12 votes for a particular date doesn't even count.

Keep the first week and don't screw or over think a good thing. That's my advice.
I don't plan on attending this year unless my plans for Panamint Valley Days fall through but I would have to agree with Matador on the 1st week of Nov. The weather just seems to get worse the further into November you go.

Agreed, I already planned life around Nov. 1-4. I will be there that weekend regardless since I can't shift it to another weekend.

Agreed, I already planned life around Nov. 1-4. I will be there that weekend regardless since I can't shift it to another weekend.
SAME HERE! Looks like there's going to be a "pre-event" weekend if they don't change the date to FIRST WEEKEND in November!

I can make either weekend but I would say stick with the original S&T dates.

So many times I have seen events fall apart when it's thrown "wide open" to the masses. Later in Nov is not the right direction. Earlier has issues with other existing events that likely planned their dates around the original S&T. Just make it the first week in Nov, keep it the first week in Nov, and start planning for a good time!

At this rate the Pre event might become the unofficial main event thus starving the main event of attendees.

Frank

In honor of last year's shenanigans, I vote we call it Scarf 'n' Barf

:clap:

Why is the first weekend a pre-event? I would think the second weekend is the after party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom