PIG THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The weber is short for this world. I am currently in negotiation with my accountant to order a sniper setup for it. Just trying to get some miles on it to shake out the bugs, but hard to make trips to town or run errands if I gotta wait 30+ minutes for it to cool down enough to get back in it and head to the next stop. I realize I'm going to need something, even with the EFI more than likely, but for now I just want to be able to cruise around and figure out whats next.

EFI and save the time and cursing.... plus wife will like afterwards!

Sniper has been in the cards from early in, but was to be another year or so down the line. If installing a factory spacer cures it, I will wait it out, but if not gonna move it up the list a few clicks.

@wct49 PM'd you. we are trying to get the window down, but Erin almost burned it down this morning trying to jump it, so we are gonna pull the rear panel and jump the motor.

If we can get the window down and off the truck, we can deliver to the camp-out. Looking like we are going to have to bring a trailer loaded with parts on it, so just let me know if you want us to add that to the load.

@wct49 PM'd you. we are trying to get the window down, but Erin almost burned it down this morning trying to jump it, so we are gonna pull the rear panel and jump the motor.

If we can get the window down and off the truck, we can deliver to the camp-out. Looking like we are going to have to bring a trailer loaded with parts on it, so just let me know if you want us to add that to the load.
let you know by this weekend

Channeling @wngrog

0418191842.jpg

Oh...a 78/79 Bronco...Pig is looking good, whatever you do don’t paint it

Lol, Thanks and no worries on messing with the paint. Got a jug of BLO to keep things clean and shiny.

Erin's new job is killing me....

Soooo many bolts, but front fenders and aprons are off.

0421191638.jpg

0421191638a.jpg

Now to find some tons and get a SOA kit. :smokin:

So; this being my first engine pull (on a car, anyway), I'm pretty sure I went about it the least efficient way.
I decided to just pull the engine and leave the rest in place.
I then discovered I couldn't reach the top 2 bolts on the back of the engine because it was too close to the firewall.
So I disconnected the 3 drive shafts (PTO) and transmission mount.
I then discovered that the total weight and balance was too far out over the hoist legs. I found that out when the back of the hoist leapt into the air and the engine/trans/x-fer case crashed back down into the engine bay. (without casualty to man or machine, luckily)
So I wound up separating the engine anyway, which I discovered is difficult without a transmission jack.
Sheer pig-headedness (pun intended) won the day!

I have developed a working theory as to why the block cracked alongside the driver's side engine mount.
IMG_3797.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom