PIG THREAD

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star

Backed out of the garage and to the end of the driveway and back under its own power!

0331191718.jpg

Still lots of things to reconnect and I need to adjust the throw on the clutch, but it is mobile again. And we FINALLY got the title in hand, so off to get tags this week or next.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star

Glass is cracked @wct49 right up the middle and in the corner. If you still want, I will PM you.

Also, i haven't checked to see if the regulator works. Lemmie hook a battery up and see if it will roll up and down.

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Is it a flat piece of glass? I finally tracked down a shop around here that cuts it. Pretty reasonable.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star

So, do any of you have issues with heat transfer into the carb? We drove about 5 miles one way on friday and when I shut it down, it diesel'd a little, but otherwise no big deal, then I went to start it back up to move it, no bueno. It cranked over fine but clearly wasn't getting fuel. Pop the hood and pull the air-cleaner and my best bet was it was hot and boiling the fuel out of the bowl. We let it sit for a few hours while we burned stuff and drank beer, and when we left it hit on the first roll of the motor and off we went. I know the weber adapter plates are part of the problem. So I'm thinking I am going to see if the parts pig has the factory spacer still on it and if so rob it off for now and see if that helps.

Seem like a reasonable thought process? Any other thoughts?

Thanks

wngrog

SILVER Star

Yes. Does it currently have a Weber? If so, take it off. Throw it in a ditch and toss rocks after it.

I’ll set you up with a JimC setup I’ve got on
The Shelf ready to go

Top Bottom