Phoenix folks who need rotors and/or flywheels machined (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check out El Fenix auto repair off 17 in South Phoenix. A friend/co-worker recommended him to me to have my flywheel machined on my 60. He works on a first come first served basis, but got me right in and had my flywheel done in around 20min. All he does is rotors and flywheels all day, specifically for all the truck/heavy equipment shops in the area. He’s a super nice dude and only charged me $30. Local Scottsdale/N Phoenix shops wanted $100 or more. Please keep him in mind!

CDAD719E-CADA-449D-A432-5F086E91B195.png

just gonna toss this out there, don't machine your rotors! Rotor warp is a myth
Have had several rotors on small wheeled cars warp. My Tercel was the worst. Not enough metal to machine - had to purchase new rotors every time. Lack of thickness contributed to the warping and made them un-machinable. First time i warped them was hitting a deep puddle after lots of highway miles in Colorado. Thought for sure I wrecked something after getting through the water as the pulsation on the brake pedal was downright scary.

Bigger rotors can be machined so they don't tear up your new brake pads with old grooves and let them seat faster (mo better stopping). I generally don't bother and put up with reduced braking for a while after changing pads. The new pads eventually groove themselves to match the rotor grooves.

To each their own . . .

just gonna toss this out there, don't machine your rotors! Rotor warp is a myth
I can measure lateral runout on a rotor, and/or show you photos of rotor warp in a lathe next time I do brakes at work. I only recommend this shop because I don’t have a lathe at work capable of doing flywheels.

I can measure lateral runout on a rotor, and/or show you photos of rotor warp in a lathe next time I do brakes at work. I only recommend this shop because I don’t have a lathe at work capable of doing flywheels.
i’d be really curious in seeing TIR on a new and “warped” rotor.

i’d be really curious in seeing TIR on a new and “warped” rotor.
I suppose we can meet in the middle and call it the correct term of “DTV” or disc thickness variation vs “warpage”. Either way, I don’t want to get side tracked from the point of my original post of trying to help a good dude out and give him some business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom