Phoenix - Driveline Shop to Build DC Front Shaft Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a local shop in Phoenix make them a DC or CV shaft for the front to correct driveline vibes?

I haven't had a ton of luck with TAD (on Deer Valley) getting back to me. They also don't seem experienced at all with Toyotas.

TIA.

No, but Tom Woods built mine and it's great. They were very knowledgeable about Toyotas I think I was on the phone for maybe 10 minutes. Built me a new front shaft I had it in about a week.

No, but Tom Woods built mine and it's great. They were very knowledgeable about Toyotas I think I was on the phone for maybe 10 minutes. Built me a new front shaft I had it in about a week.

I have heard good things about the Tom Woods shafts, I was trying to get it done by Friday though so that's why I am looking at local shops first.

Right. There was a shop off I-17 and (Indian School maybe) that did my rear 'shaft. But I don't remember the name and they were a few days out at least.

TAD did my front DC in a few days and it's performing well. My 80 has never been smoother. We decided on Spicer sealed U-joints. He's done other work for me too. I've found it's best to just drop in at the shop though. Ask for Owen.

TAD did my front DC in a few days and it's performing well. My 80 has never been smoother. We decided on Spicer sealed U-joints. He's done other work for me too. I've found it's best to just drop in at the shop though. Ask for Owen.

I have dealt with Owen before on my rear shaft. He couldn't figure out the vibration issue I was having. We messed around with it at the shop with the truck on jackstands for a few hours, he said he was going to think about it over the weekend and give me a call. Never got a call back. He was good in person, just difficult to get a hold of and wasn't great at calling me back. They did seem pretty busy so that's probably why.

I have dealt with Owen before on my rear shaft. He couldn't figure out the vibration issue I was having. We messed around with it at the shop with the truck on jackstands for a few hours, he said he was going to think about it over the weekend and give me a call. Never got a call back. He was good in person, just difficult to get a hold of and wasn't great at calling me back. They did seem pretty busy so that's probably why.
Man that stinks. I hope you find better luck elsewhere. Keep us posted!

Anyone have a local shop in Phoenix make them a DC or CV shaft for the front to correct driveline vibes?

I haven't had a ton of luck with TAD (on Deer Valley) getting back to me. They also don't seem experienced at all with Toyotas.

TIA.

Arizona Driveshaft 310 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85210

They can probably make something up from scratch with Spicer parts. I brought them Toyota parts and measurements for what I wanted.

Phoenix rack and axle has done some work for me. I think it was Jason? He’s a bit gruff.. rough around the edges but knew what he was talking about and my results were good.

Local shop wanted 1200 to build me a rear dc driveshaft, tom woods was 580 shipped and has been great.

That was my own thread regarding a shop to look at my existing driveshaft.

I made this new thread to see if anyone has had a DC or CV shaft built locally.
I see. I just remembered replying to a similar thread recently and thought it might have relevant info for you. I didn't take the time to note who's thread it was.

I've had Az Driveshaft build me a couple of DC shafts. I think they worked out to around $350, including the donor parts from junkyards.

I see. I just remembered replying to a similar thread recently and thought it might have relevant info for you. I didn't take the time to note who's thread it was.

I've had Az Driveshaft build me a couple of DC shafts. I think they worked out to around $350, including the donor parts from junkyards.

Right on. I think I'll check them out. They have great reviews. Thanks!

To properly close out this threat, ended up taking it to Arizona Driveshafts.

They did an EXCELLENT job, nice DC joint retrofitted to the original front shaft. Vibrations gone! Very professional shop. Took less than a day, $470. Cheaper than a Slee DC shaft or Landtank. Recommend them to anyone in Arizona!

20201218_164658.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom