PHH and Rear Heater bypass questions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!
So I read countless posts on the matter. I will try and tackle this subjects ASAP.

I got from WitsEnd the PHH kit 1, PHH kit 2 (workaround) and rear heater bypass kit.
For the PHH, should I use both kits? It seems as kit 1 is for installation with the OEM hardline and kit 2 to get rid of the hardline?

Regarding the rear heater bypass, the blower underneath the passenger seat will be useless right?

Cheers!

For the PHH, should I use both kits? It seems as kit 1 is for installation with the OEM hardline and kit 2 to get rid of the hardline?
You use one or the other...
Regarding the rear heater bypass, the blower underneath the passenger seat will be useless right?
that is correct. I guess unless you left it as a fan to recirculate only...but that would be unnecessary

You use one or the other...

that is correct. I guess unless you left it as a fan to recirculate only...but that would be unnecessary
Thanks for the answer,
What would you recommend? Kit 1 or 2?
Cheers

Thanks for the answer,
What would you recommend? Kit 1 or 2?
Cheers
I went with option 2 and bypassed the metal pipe. The routing and repair is easier in the future or on the trail IMHO. But many will argue the other way. Never had issue with the route I took. They both work.

I went with option 2 and bypassed the metal pipe. The routing and repair is easier in the future or on the trail IMHO. But many will argue the other way. Never had issue with the route I took. They both work.
oOo more data points! thanks @retrofive that's also good to know and i agree that would make for an easier trail repair later down the line... I'm stubborn, so when i started researching the PHH and just based on its name alone... I HAD TO TRY IT! Was it a pain? yes, did I get sore fingers, wrist and maybe a loss of some skin cells? Yes. On the other hand too, kit 2 is a safer bet since that other hose clamp moves way down instead of (2) double stacked and hard to reach.

Pick your poison @Nikofzj80 and good luck!

Same here. Ditched the metal pipe. Just looped the PHH out away from the head and intake and back up to the Heater Valve.

Just did mine again and had the valve cover off. With it off the second bolt that people hate is easy to get, loosen both bolts and undid hose clamp from the heater valve and clamp at the block and then pulled the whole pipe. Changed hose on the bench and slid the whole pipe with both hoses back into place and reattached clamps pretty easy

It was my first time changing a PHH and I went with kit 2, less connections and as said above, easier to change in the future. Your arm will basically be in an "arm bar" while you're replacing, less time there the better. PS, it's not hard, just tedious, be careful what you lean on when you do the upper PHH and rear heater delete. I accidently broke the gas/air filter nipple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom