PFran Led’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stupid question but to those that have installed Pfrans’s LED’s do the light boards just lay up in the housing and then rest on the clear lens? I see the tape on the board but there really isn’t anywhere to adhere them to.

I just kind of shoved them up in there with the tape then put the lenses on, so far so good. It’s been about a year
That’s what I did as well. They work great.

I just kind of shoved them up in there with the tape then put the lenses on, so far so good. It’s been about a year
Same here.

Thanks guys!

I just put them in and didn't bother with the tape, just laying on top of the clear plastic. They don't seem to move around at all, been close to two years.

Same here. The adhesive helps keep everything in there, but it always winds up resting on the lens.

Have had his LEDs in all my trucks. Love ‘em!

I bought a metric ton of warm white LED's off ebay and installed them. Warm white matches the truck much better than true/blue/pure/clear "white" . I've got less than $20 in LED's and enough to do several vehicles. I gave a baggy of them to Kenny to finish out Logan's truck.

I bought a metric ton of warm white LED's off ebay and installed them. Warm white matches the truck much better than true/blue/pure/clear "white" . I've got less than $20 in LED's and enough to do several vehicles. I gave a baggy of them to Kenny to finish out Logan's truck.
you don't happen to have a link to them do you?

you don't happen to have a link to them do you?
I do not. I just went to ebay and searched for warm white LED's. To get more specific, you want either 5050 or 5630 LED's. The 5630 is brighter which isn't always a good thing. Most LED panels on ebay come with the various adapters for sockets like festoon, T10, and the Ba9s. The interior dome lights are festoon sockets and the doors/puddle lights are T10 sockets.

I just searched for "warm white 5050 LED panel". Most of listing have dimensions of the panels along with the number of LEDs.
4 LED panels for $3.14.
4x Warm White Car Panel Map Light Interior Blub 18 5050 SMD LED T10 festoon J005 | eBay

I installed a very bright LED panel in the interior light for the first row doors. We came home late at night after a camping trip. Both kids were asleep in the 2nd row. When we opened the doors, the first row interior light came on and was blinding. it was shining a flashlight in our eyes and startled the kids awake. I learned my lesson and replaced the light with a much lower power light.

An alternative is also Odd Iron Offroad's stuff. Those that have seen the lighting in @forrest5000 's BJ73 have seen the outup of their dome light kit (unless he has changed it out). I also had their kit in my BJ74 and have almost all of the lights on and in my HZJ77 set up with their bulbs (including the instrument cluster lights). I think that both shops are MUD vendors so there is another option.

For those of us with 24V trucks, I would argue that Odd Iron is the better option given my past experience and the amount of testing that Rob does on the bulbs before he sells them ...

An alternative is also Odd Iron Offroad's stuff. Those that have seen the lighting in @forrest5000 's BJ73 have seen the outup of their dome light kit (unless he has changed it out). I also had their kit in my BJ74 and have almost all of the lights on and in my HZJ77 set up with their bulbs (including the instrument cluster lights). I think that both shops are MUD vendors so there is another option.

For those of us with 24V trucks, I would argue that Odd Iron is the better option given my past experience and the amount of testing that Rob does on the bulbs before he sells them ...
Still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom