Payson Wheelin? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more
DSC01250.jpg
DSC01252.jpg
DSC01253.jpg

Cool... Nice 40 :D

Pics are up!

Photos located here

MaddBaggins said:
May have been the first obstacle, but when you hit that one step real hard, the one you eventually went around, you passenger wheel flexed back pretty good. Inspect all your IFS components for any damage also.
It was good meeting you. :cheers:

Well, I just got back from the car wash to blast off all that mud cake. Looks as if when I bent the right side of the skid plate, I continued on into the lower control arm and struck the leading edge. :whoops: Everything else in the IFS appears to be ok. With the mud removal, I also noticed how well the sliders worked.:D I'm off to pick up paint and drop off film - I'll post any worthy shots.

Chris and I just got back, we made it out fine. We took the road on further east and eventually came out on the 260. I was a little worried you two might have gotten stuck on the other road and were expecting to see us today, glad that didn't happen. The camp was wet but beautiful this morning, we cooked our dinner steak for breakfast, cleaned up our crap and packed it as best we could, and headed out.

After looking at Chris' 100 a bit, he discovered that along with the $1000 or so of body damage he did (RR quarter, both bumper covers) and bending the RR control arm, he also broke the cover for the locker actuator on his rear diff. Throw a photo radar ticket on there and he had an expensive outing! I told him he needed better spotters. ;p

-Spike

This trip was almost worth all the damage....This trip was worth about $500 to me and I surpassed that in crushed plastic, bent arms. The rain was insane...I had to set up the whole camping setup in my backyard when I got home to rinse all the mud off everything and let everything dry...Awesome...

I will post some pics when I get to them unless my camera broke when I dropped it, damn wasp... Good meeting everyone..Maddbaggins I thought you were hardcore...:D

msahr said:
Photos located here

Ben..................

I see rocker panels newly dented

grill gone now

what else? :D

wow, would have liked to be there, although, rain in a 40 with bikini top ? :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Great turnout, weather, had a blast wheeling with a bunch of :cool: people! It's amazing how just a little mud can grease up a trail, I struggled hard in spots that we just cruised over three weeks ago.:eek: Some of my pix;

7-28-2006_1.jpg

7-28-2006_2.jpg

7-28-2006_3.jpg

This little guy, maybe 1" long, was hanging out begging to have his pic taken.

7-28-2006_13.jpg

The mini with the custom body work on the last step.

7-28-2006_.jpg

DSRTRDR said:
Ben..................

grill gone now

The grill is sitting in my shop, it's never been on the truck since I put it together- the mounts are broken off the passenger headlight. It will go on when I get a new headlight. I'll kinda miss the comments about my custom headlight mounting straps- AKA zipties. :D

The rockers are undergoing some long-term customization. I didn't take any damage in Payson, but running with (ahem) another club I tend to try to fit the 80 in places it really shouldn't go. I plan on plating the rockers eventually, but time doesn't permit right now. Meanwhile, I take a sledge and wood block to them occasionally as part of my PM to make sure the doors still open.

That trail was great, thanks to Kevin and everyone who showed. I've been hoping to find some wheeling in the pines, that fit the bill perfectly and I'll be returning there often.

-Spike

DSRTRDR said:
Ben..................

Your not shocked are you?:D

DSRTRDR said:
grill gone now

Ben had a grill?:D

DSRTRDR said:
wow, would have liked to be there, although, rain in a 40 with bikini top ? :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Missed you guys, too bad you couldn't make it! Hope your feeling better.

No rain, well just a few drips when we were on the trail, we didn't get rained on all day, more than a little reported after we left. Last time Michael got rained on hard in your truck at the air up spot.

More Spike and lunch stop...
7-29-2006-15.jpg
7-29-2006-16.jpg
7-29-2006-22.jpg

Wow! What a great cap on another great day of wheeling. It was good to see such a big turnout. I hope everyone had a good time. Thanks for that pic Lee, I'd have to say it's my favorite so far also. Although the one of Lucas helping me spot is pretty good too.

Looks like a great day was had:cheers: Nice to see Shanna behind the wheel again, we've gotta' get together again soon :) Bring your hubby too:doh: Looks like Travis wa sunsuccesful in getting to use his new sliders, ahh well, soon enough;) Ben, lookin' good mate. I like where you're goin' with the truck design. Anyone interested in going back soon, there'll be a group headed in Saturday the 12th. Some AZXC, some N4W, maybe a heep or two.. Thanks again for posting pics, looks like a great time.
:beer:

What a great time! Other than some scuffs on the wheels and rock rails my stock FJ Cruiser came through very well. The lack of carnage is due to the excellent spotting. Thank you to Michael and the others who spotted for me. I can't wait till the next trip.

Starting out and airing down.

The first obstacles?

The climb.

The muddy climb.

My gratuitous shot of my rig.

The ledge #1.

The Ledge #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom