Payson Wheelin? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We will be bringing Galen - he's offoaded to the Coves before, but not a good romp through a rock garden. And of course the dogs to clean up any lunchtime picnic droppings.

But no camping - darn.

FJ40LVR said:
I'm trying to decide on bringing my three year old or not.....

Bring him (or her). There are few enough opportunities like this, don't miss out. I can behave myself, although I might inadvertently teach him/her a few new words. :eek:

-Spike

Be prepaired for wet!

Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. High around 80F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

LandCruiserPhil said:
Do you guys know where you are camping? I cant make the run but I might blow up there later for the cool weather and telling lies around the fire.

Never been there before so no clue. I figured we could just set up in some cool spot along the trail. Catch up in the afternoon and start squawking on CB4

Well it's 5am I still haven't gone to sleep, I don't think I'll be making this trip...Next time

does anyone have any directions they can pm me to get me to the area...I need to do something this morning but was thinking about heading up at 10 and meeting up

thanks
rob

rob. I'm working on it...

pm sent call me

rob... 602-763-052 niner

Fun run - Thanks all.

As soon as I hit the dirt road, I figured out why I kept having trouble getting my wheels straight for the spotters. First I got a VSC error message on the instrument panel. Then I noticed it wasn't too bad cuz my hand was blocking it. Finally I realized that when going straight, my steering wheel was aligned to about 11 o'clock - or roughly 30 degrees off. Guess I need an alignment. I will assume it was the first obstacle!

Fun run everyone!! It was great to get out, and into the cooler air, and do some fun wheeling. Now lets see some pics, I forgot my camara so I have none.

Pyett camping

Well Spike, bluecruiser, FJ40LVR and I all set up camp just a way up the road from the last waterfall. Everything was going well until just about dark. The sky opened up and came down hard and wasn't quitting. After a while Josh(FJ40LVR) started packing up. He heard on his sat radio that we were in for 6" of rain throughout the night. He wanted to get him and his son outta there and I decided to go with him. Stuffed all my muddy s*** into the rig and we headed out at 9pm. Spike and Chris decided to stick it out. The creek crossings were getting high, but still passable at that point.
Passed thru mutliple HARD storms all the way to PHX. Got to PHX and it was dry. Hit the 60 east because I wanted to go home thru Florence, less traffic and if it was gonna continue to rain like it had been, I didn't wanna be on I-10. I got pounded by rain on the 60 and part way towards Florence, then it cleared up. Got home at 1:30am. Thankfully my daughter didn't get me up until 7:30.
That was an adventure!

If anybody has spike's or bluecruiser's (Ben and Chris) phone number, please call them today and find out if they got out OK. Unless they too left last night, they are probably still there right now.

I'll post up some pics later today.

Blues Dawg said:
Fun run - Thanks all.

As soon as I hit the dirt road, I figured out why I kept having trouble getting my wheels straight for the spotters. First I got a VSC error message on the instrument panel. Then I noticed it wasn't too bad cuz my hand was blocking it. Finally I realized that when going straight, my steering wheel was aligned to about 11 o'clock - or roughly 30 degrees off. Guess I need an alignment. I will assume it was the first obstacle!

May have been the first obstacle, but when you hit that one step real hard, the one you eventually went around, you passenger wheel flexed back pretty good. Inspect all your IFS components for any damage also.
It was good meeting you. :cheers:

Favorite Pic

I took a few pics though only a few are worth sharing - and you'll have to wait for them. But so far this is my favorite...
HuggingKids.jpg

Wow what a great trip. Just enough rigs to keep it interesting without bogging things down. We're still talking about how well Shauna (sp?) drove that 62... nice. Great trail, excellent weather... when are we going again?

I'll have pics up shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom