Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It might make sense to source a junkyard axle... it's hard to qualify how much 'wear' your mechanic is seeing here, but that is an expensive list of new parts. What prompted this complete disassembly? Were the birfs leaking, or did you have a mechanical failure?

It might make sense to source a junkyard axle...

Agreed.

This is probably $2,000 in the above mentioned parts plus another $1,500 labour.

Is there a reason this project was started?

-B-

It might make sense to source a junkyard axle... it's hard to qualify how much 'wear' your mechanic is seeing here, but that is an expensive list of new parts. What prompted this complete disassembly? Were the birfs leaking, or did you have a mechanical failure?

The truck has been making a whining sound for the 4 years when accelerating so finally decided to get it checked out and mech stated it was the pinion bearing and here we are!!!

Making noise for 4 years? This is going to be a very expensive lesson in preventative maintenance vs reactive maintenance.

Did he say the diff had been run low on gear oil? Are you just going to replace the parts he says are worn or are you soliciting opinions on whether or not the service is needed? If you are looking for a 2nd opinion, then can you post detailed pictures of each of the defective parts? (Crappy cell phone pics are not going to help.)

-B-

Making noise for 4 years? This is going to be a very expensive lesson in preventative maintenance vs reactive maintenance.

Did he say the diff had been run low on gear oil? Are you just going to replace the parts he says are worn or are you soliciting opinions on whether or not the service is needed? If you are looking for a 2nd opinion, then can you post detailed pictures of each of the defective parts? (Crappy cell phone pics are not going to help.)

-B-

I'm going to replace all worn parts...i just order the last items....thks for the help everyone!!!

90366-75001 is for a Factory Locked front diff x1, and 90366-50007 x1
90366-50007 is for an Open diff x2. Example I need two of these in my Aussie spec HZJ75 with open front. about to receive an Eaton locker.
The 90366-50007 should be simple to source because they are found on FJ. Hilux, , $Runner,Tacoma, FZJ, HDJ etc. Luckily for me one of our local suppliers had 7 in stock for the HZJ79's.

90366-75001 is for a Factory Locked front diff x1, and 90366-50007 x1
90366-50007 is for an Open diff x2. Example I need two of these in my Aussie spec HZJ75 with open front. about to receive an Eaton locker.
The 90366-50007 should be simple to source because they are found on FJ. Hilux, , $Runner,Tacoma, FZJ, HDJ etc. Luckily for me one of our local suppliers had 7 in stock for the HZJ79's.

The original poster has not been seen in 13 years. I doubt he will see this.

More of a note to the future!
Being retired I can hardly remember what day of the week it is.
The HZJ75 has over 500,000, so this bit of care should help her for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom