Paint my wheels AGAIN? Photoshop'd pics.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As some of you may know, my Level 8 wheels started off as black

8100328299_d8914cabb3_b.jpg

Then I got tired of black and spray painted them silver

9433641370_bfa0fbe532_b.jpg

Now that the truck has been painted, I'm not sure the silver goes well with the paint color. BUT, I don't want black wheels again. Hence my dilemma.

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_h_zpsffaa1f6e.jpg

So....should I paint them again? We all know what opinions are like so let's hear them. It has to be spray paint, not powder coat so I could easily touch them up when they get nicked and scratched.

This is currently my first choice. "Grimmspeed Gold" wheel paint

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_hgold_zps7061b79c.jpg

Actual color:

6261745314_12cdd9893f_z.jpg

Bronze?

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_hbronze_zps03c3dfaa.jpg

And just for schnitz and giggles

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_hpink_zps1497ab58.jpg

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_hgreen_zpsa1a6587a.jpg

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_hblue_zps0e27ec08.jpg

i think the bronze looks killer

I kinda like the blue, actually. It's different, and would look great in reality, toned down with shadows, brake dust, and the what-not.

Otherwise, bronze looks great.

I think it would look good color matched to what you painted your front/rear bumper.

Thanks for the opinions! I thought about color matched to the bumpers, but I think I'll be using Monstaliner in Desert Sand on them again. Not sure when that might happen though.

This is what the actual Bronze color would look like, using Duplicolor wheel paint

webvintagegoldface.jpg

Here's a few more colors. Wish it were this easy in real life! And good luck finding a spray paint to match these colors :)

Dark Green

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_hdarkgreen_zpsa9e48e59.jpg

Dark Blue. Gotta admit, I like the blue shades. But I'm not sure why :eek:

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_hdarkblue_zps0e294536.jpg

Orange

9703745981_6a8ed79a41_horange_zps6bf81988.jpg

Ya, read you may being lining the bumpers, however I really like the little bit contrast how its done now. :cheers:

Either way beautiful job the truck.

I would take the body color in a few shades darker - or pink

I would take the body color in a few shades darker - or pink

(and you realize the body has already been painted that color)

I'm actually surprised to see people like blue too! The body color is a strange shade of greenish-brown projectile vomit. It's impossible to find a spray paint to match. Everything I've seen at local stores is a completely different hue, which I was I started looking for something more unique.

The only option I have is to get wheels painted at a shop using the 2013 Jeep Commando green color since the Monstaliner is an exact match. But then I have the issue of not being able to easily touch up the scratches, which happen after any trip involving rocks.

I'm actually surprised to see people like blue too! The body color is a strange shade of greenish-brown projectile vomit. It's impossible to find a spray paint to match. Everything I've seen at local stores is a completely different hue, which I was I started looking for something more unique.

The only option I have is to get wheels painted at a shop using the 2013 Jeep Commando green color since the Monstaliner is an exact match. But then I have the issue of not being able to easily touch up the scratches, which happen after any trip involving rocks.

With a color sample you can have spray cans made/mixed in any color.

Yeah I have heard about that. Any idea what pricing is like?

s*** color brown or bronze will work great imo. It will give it a nice contrast but still match your overall scheme. Good luck, it's really looking great.

Ya'll are getting waaayy out there now. When do the mods stop and still be a landcruiser? Now its just another vehicle.

dark gray

Ya'll are getting waaayy out there now. When do the mods stop and still be a landcruiser? Now its just another vehicle.
The mods don't ever stop! Life's too short to drive something boring. When I want to blend in with the rest of the sheep I hop in my daily driver :flipoff2:

Went to Home Depot and bought these two colors to test out on some scrap metal. Metallic Brass and Metallic Cobalt Blue

IMAG2073_zps82f5d46e.jpg

(and you realize the body has already been painted that color)

(and you realize I was talking about what to use on the wheels :rolleyes:)

Went to Home Depot and bought these two colors to test out on some scrap metal. Metallic Brass and Metallic Cobalt Blue

IMAG2073_zps82f5d46e.jpg

if it's between those two, I vote for blue ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom