Paint job process has begun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what's the plan? Put the rig back together over the next 2 days and drive up Wednesday?
Yes, I will assemble and leave Thursday I think. My wife can’t leave until then anyway. Hopefully my friend can help assemble.

Last edited:
I couldn't get those side vents off on the rear quarter panels. I was able to fold a piece of sandpaper and get in in the seams real good. That and the antenna is kinda freaking me out that I couldn't remove them. I hate masking off things. I just didn't have time to mess with that stuff. Oh well. :meh:

It's funny... A few years ago I said a traveling/mobile fabricator/body guy would make great money and the projects would always be changing.

Got the idea from our "custom" meat processor that comes to our ranch in Texas. He pulls up with an enclosed trailer... brings the cow/pig/lamb etc into the trailer back of the trailer... slaughters and processes and the meat is packaged to your liking and handed to you out the front trailer door.

All he requires is a water supply. Great business.

J
Wouldn't want to be picked up hitchhiking from that guy. Just saying.

Im so happy that I didn't get a bunch of negative comments about the color, I guess I was expecting that. Thank you all for the positivity!
I am not a proponent generally of changing colors on a vehicle, usually because it's done so poorly most of the time. I love the original green but this new blue looks spectacular and much fresher. Love that you are doing single stage, as mentioned by others if you can even find a decent paint guy these days they won't consider working with single stage.

To trail tailors point
traveling/mobile fabricator/body guy
In addition to agreeing with what he says (I cannot find a skilled paint guy in my town) I would add that a guy willing to teach some skills could make some $$. There was a business up in southern Utah for a while where you could rent the spray booths and equipment for Diy paint jobs. No instruction or assistance was provided though. I imagine their set up had significant overhead.
Now a guy bold enough to try to teach some knuckleheads on how to do a decent backyard paint job I would think would have low overhead. Instead of all this HIH nonsense a guy could do a 4 day workshop or the like and make some money. Just putting it out there for a friend who couldn't get an HIH ticket and has some time on his hands this week :flipoff2:

Reactions: KTP
Jenn hates the color of my 100
Hmmmm. Couldn’t paint it in your neighborhood, the overspray would be insane. That means, for you to make your wife happy, then you must bring it out here for a week so we can paint it. :p

This looks awesome. Can’t wait to see the final product!
Keep it up!

75% back together, no problem. Need to repaint the hood, and maybe one other spot, but doesn't look bad considering I was in a hurry. White roof is cool, I like it.

I am most excited to see the white roof contrast! Go @kelly saad and safe travels to HIH

Kelly that looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom