P/N on Driver Door Lock Connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After cleaning and greasing my window tracks I tried to chase down the cause of my driver door not being able to unlock all of the doors. It locks all of them fine from the outside key but unlocking is nonfunctional, kind of a nuisance when passengers try to open the door and I have to unlock it from the inside or maybe just another pet peeve (It's my understanding that you have to unlock the door twice with the key and it unlocks all doors).

After some continuity testing from the black central locking box on the driver door actuator, I traced it to this connector (photo). After I opened it up I noticed two of the ends on the male pin were broken and stuck in the female side of the connector. I was hoping someone has a P/N for the connector and pins, I would like the repair to be as OEM as possible. I have a nice ratching crimper with replaceable dies but not really sure which dies I need and also the best way to remove the old crimps and have enough room to replace the crimps as the harness is already somewhat taught.

Please move this thread if its in the wrong spot.

1.jpg

IMG-2464.jpg

IMG-2467.jpg

Good find. The easiest thing to do would probably be to get ahold of that section of harness from another 80 and spice it in.

It’s just another connector on the end. @Onur , any idea what the p/n is for this?

Good find. The easiest thing to do would probably be to get ahold of that section of harness from another 80 and spice it in.

The only problem I have with that suggestion is finding a donor truck. I’ve been to every wrecking yard in my local area (SoCal) and they seem to never have 80s, but they have plenty of Discoverys! I’ll start looking on eBay for the actuator or Craigslist for partouts

It’s just another connector on the end. @Onur , any idea what the p/n is for this?
I really just need the male crimps that go in the connector, the plastic housing and female crimps are fine. I’m sure they are elsewhere on the vehicle and a standard Toyota crimp for the size wire and application? Just having trouble sourcing them.

Those aren't factory terminals. It's been apart before.

That is as far as I remember.:hmm:

Last edited:
I don't remember ever seeing round pins.

I don't remember ever seeing round pins.

Well all of the pins except for the one farest away in the photo are broke in half and rounded off. The remaining ends where in the female crimps and I had to use a like punch to get them out. Is that what you are referring to or no?

Those look like Molex terminals to me. But, I could be mistaken.

Those aren't factory terminals. It's been apart before.

That is as far as I remember.:hmm:

Those ARE factory terminals and the original connector. I can confirm this 100%
This particular connector is the only one i have seen on the truck with pins like this.

Most Toyota (Yazaki) connectors have a part number stamped on them, but this one does not.

If you dig through the wire harness repair manual, you might be able to find part numbers for these, but as @baldilocks have said, you're better off just buying that connector with pigtails off somebody parting out a truck and solder them in.

Last edited:
Those look like Molex terminals to me. But, I could be mistaken.

I’m pretty sure they are as well, most of my electrical knowledge comes from GM vehicle so it looked OEM to me. No signs of splicing on either end of the harness and wires are correct color codes/length. However mabye someone one replaced the connector with something different, might explain why it’s corroded

Those ARE factory pins and the original connector. I can confirm this 100%
This particular connector is the only one i have seen on the truck with pins like this.

Most Toyota connectors have a part number stamped on them, but this one does not.

If you dig through the wire harness repair manual, you might be able to find part numbers for these, but as @baldilocks have said, you're better off just buying that connector with pigtails off somebody parting out a truck and solder them in.
It seems like that may be the best option. The connector and terminals have to be cheap I just can’t ID it, all is see on the white plastic terminal is “XA3” . I just like knowing it’s a crimp not a splice, no difference in durability just picky. I would assume the connector is on other Toyota trucks of the era in different places. I can go a yard and look around but I would like to find the connector online

It seems like that may be the best option. The connector and terminals have to be cheap I just can’t ID it, all is see on the white plastic terminal is “XA3” . I just like knowing it’s a crimp not a splice, no difference in durability just picky. I would assume the connector is on other Toyota trucks of the era in different places. I can go a yard and look around but I would like to find the connector online

I rarely come across somebody more picky than me when it comes to stuff like this. My hat's off to you, sir :clap:

I rarely come across somebody more picky than me when it comes to stuff like this. My hat off to you, sir :clap:
In instances like this it’s almost not worth applauding but thank you. Hopefully someone chimes in before I go mad over a 30 cent connector :bang:

If anyone is interested I found the part number through the “wire harness repair manual” . The P/N is 90980-10554 for the female and 90980-10553 for male side I believe. Just trying to determine the terminal.

7F428AEA-559C-4B89-81FE-DF062470E8DC.jpeg

8E066D83-D70B-4796-BA2C-E2A07CA65DCF.jpeg

10554 uses 82998-12290.
10553 uses 82998-12280.

They do kinda look like Molex pins.
20201110_212518.jpg

Toyota is quite proud of them. They list for over 20 bucks a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom