Out and about (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sj

Threads
Went hunting this weekend up north and East of Young. Traveled about 150 miles on dirt roads. Nothing major, my 60 has been popping out of 4hi and 4low so I couldn't keep it it that long. Went down a pretty rough road in a canyon, got to the bottom and the road split. We hiked both roads for about 100 yards and they dead-ended. Had to go all the way back up the road. Funny thing is when I needed it most, it never poped out of 4 low.

I was trying to find a way out to a major road and got "turned around". None of the roads were marked. Anyways, I was almost on E and still had a ways to back track. We checked a cell phone and had coverage. I called Jared and told him where we "thought" we were and if he didn't hear from us in a few hours to come looking for us. We got out and made it to a gas station. I put 21 gals in. I think the tank only holds 23 gals.

There is an 1993 lc for sale in Star Valley, nice shap, 160k miles. Last car lot as you leave town towards Heber. It did not have lockers. I am not even sure if that year had them, but this one didn't. They want 8500 I belive.

Sean

This week I will start to put in my 4.11s and no-slip.

i wonder if the morot mounts are going and the d-train is able to shift a bit and the shifter hits the hole on the floorpan?

Breadcrumbs

an inexpensive GPS with TrackBack will help alleviate "turned around" feeling....Garmin Geko runs about $125-135.

I had the same issue with the 40 wanting to pop out out LO. Broken crossmember was the culprit. Check the motor mounts and x-members first. Good luck!

I replaced the driver side motor mount and that fixed a load knocking sound when I would turn. The sound is back. So I think I am going to change all three mounts this time. Hopefully that will fix any thing for good.

BMAN, how did you know your x-member was broken. Could you see a crack or split??

Sean

Layed down under my rig with a flashlight and started looking for anything that might be the culprit. Got back to the crossmember (on the 40) that isn't attached to anything but the frame, and found a crack on both sides(driver and passenger). This was enough flex to let the drivetrain move around between the rails and cause some issues. I fabbed up a new X-member that forces the stress to the center of the x-member instead of the ends and it seems to be working killer now. Haven't had any issues since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom