"Other" Toyota 4x4 Vehicle Tech and Classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stood around a looked lost until Rob took pity on me and helped himself to beer from my cooler before putting another hole in my truck. I’m running out of surfaces for Rob to cut. Next month is rear bumper cup holders. #49tireAF approved mod.

ECC3F720-FC1B-484C-9B31-7314801D1912.jpeg

6A3285B0-7A32-4ACF-A360-0703D3FC4572.png

He'll have a crawler by the end of the year and will be trading that 4Runner in on a tow rig.

I’m thinking one year of bitch at the table before he caves

@under_psi If I ever have to take the panel off I probably will make the hole bigger so I don’t have to take the coupler off to take the panel off. I shouldn’t really ever need to get in there unless the fuse blows or I need to clean the filter.

Why am I seeing new 4runners with saggy butt all ready? I've seen 3 in 24 hours. Are they lifting them incorrectly or do they come from the factory wonky?

How many new 4runner owners are buying TRD vice lifting themselves?

opinions on 04-00 100 series verse 2017 4runner for those with both for daily duty.....?

Can't speak to the 4Runners, but there's a substantial difference between an '00-'02 Land Cruiser and an '03-'04 Land Cruiser. "03-> saw a big increase in safety features, better braking, 5-speed transmission, VGRS, etc. Just a nicer overall vehicle. That being said, the '17 4Runner is prolly nicer than those. Smaller, but I'm sure it's quieter with more technology, better fuel mileage, etc.

I would never buy a 2000 100 Series if I were looking for one. I refuse to take the (even slight) gamble with the transmission. A guy posted a thread, recently, in the 100 Series forum about his new-to-him low mileage 2000...he had to have the transmission replaced at 130K miles.

I realize it's a statistically small number and seems more pronounced because everyone with the issue finds IH8MUD on a Google search, but it's consistently 2000 model years that have the issue.

Why am I seeing new 4runners with saggy butt all ready? I've seen 3 in 24 hours. Are they lifting them incorrectly or do they come from the factory wonky?

How many new 4runner owners are buying TRD vice lifting themselves?

opinions on 04-00 100 series verse 2017 4runner for those with both for daily duty.....?

They are lifting incorrectly. Factory the 4Runner front is slightly lower than the back. They take spacers and/or do adjustable front shocks only to make them "level". Most of the "level" 4Runners I've seen online to me look like the front is too high and actually have negative rake. If the front looks eyeball level to the back, it's probably too high.

2/4 new 4Runner owners in the club (that I'm aware of) bought TRD Pros vs buying regular and lifting.

Get a TRD pro and never lift. Greatest vehicle for the price ever.

Also I prefer my simple 98 non nav 4 speed non variable steering 100 over all of them.

I would never buy a 2000 100 Series if I were looking for one. I refuse to take the (even slight) gamble with the transmission. A guy posted a thread, recently, in the 100 Series forum about his new-to-him low mileage 2000...he had to have the transmission replaced at 130K miles.

I realize it's a statistically small number and seems more pronounced because everyone with the issue finds IH8MUD on a Google search, but it's consistently 2000 model years that have the issue.

The shop truck is a 2000 model and it has 425k miles on its original transmission and engine for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom