"Other" Toyota 4x4 Vehicle Tech and Classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started installing a new suspension on the 4runner. 5100s front and rear with toytec springs in the rear.

EDF4A80F-762D-4B5D-8E81-0DC617169B28.jpeg

One of the few things that I admit scares me, spring compressors.

I set the front struts to the 3rd notch which is supposed to be 1.85” lift. I didn’t measure before I installed them to verify how much it actually raised the front. After install the front wheel wells are at 37” and the rear at 36”.

6F0E7621-47B5-4E55-A74B-6AA90051ADFE.jpeg

Didn’t get to finish up the rear today so that’ll come tomorrow.

Assuming 5th gen the first lift setting will pretty much level front to back.

Were the 5100s recommended by / come from ToyTec? I ask because their kit for my GX included 5100s, and they're perfect! Couldn't be more pleased with their characteristics. On the other hand, I used the generally-accepted part number 5100s on the first version of my Sequoia lift, and it was 180 degrees the other way....couldn't have been more dissatisfied with them. I swear they felt like Bilstein had forgotten to install any sort of rebound valving in them, because they would extend as fast as the springs could move them! I ended up keeping the OME 2862 rear springs, but I replaced everything else with ToyTec (Eibach) components. All is now as it should be.

Again I was just asking, because if ToyTec put the kit together or recommended that particular part number Bilstein, you can pretty much rest-assured it'll be right.

I just realized you weren’t doing springs in the front, just the rear. That threw me off.

@JTU did your TRD not come with an upgraded suspension?

GX wheels makes it a luxury SUV, right?

0309191030.jpg

Getting it ready to sell, headed to the shop for a once over.

So earlier this week the Mrs sends me a craigslist ad for a 2wd mini truck and says she wants a parts runner, my response was why are you looking for another truck when we have too many around here now, so I am putting some of the other major projects on hold for now and I'm redirecting and resurrecting my 22RE build for my old 90 pickup.

I called him Scrappy and I've had him for over 20 years. Got me thru college, my first 5 years of marriage and I had big plans for him, but life gets in the way. This one isnt going anywhere and its time he got some love.

One of the last good pictures I got.

2012-04-25_19-02-29_723.jpg

So the reason he got retired was mainly because his little heart was tired and leaking from pretty much every gasket, so I loaded up on all the parts to build a complete crate 22RE, including a Toyota short block, along with every nut and bolt to build the entire motor factory fresh. The block is still in storage and will be going on the stand soon enough. Other than that, the first order is to pull everyrhing out of storage and take inventory. First to come out were these two boxes which came from 22REPerformance many moons ago.

Brand new head with upgraded valves and springs and one of their torqer cams.

0721191923.jpg

Which will reside below their drilled rocker assembly for better oiling all topped by this beautiful valve cover.

0721191934.jpg

Over the next few days I am going to start bringing parts over, get the block on a stand and start assembling everything into a complete long block.

So earlier this week the Mrs sends me a craigslist ad for a 2wd mini truck and says she wants a parts runner, my response was why are you looking for another truck when we have too many around here now, so I am putting some of the other major projects on hold for now and I'm redirecting and resurrecting my 22RE build for my old 90 pickup.

I called him Scrappy and I've had him for over 20 years. Got me thru college, my first 5 years of marriage and I had big plans for him, but life gets in the way. This one isnt going anywhere and its time he got some love.

One of the last good pictures I got.

View attachment 2035934

So the reason he got retired was mainly because his little heart was tired and leaking from pretty much every gasket, so I loaded up on all the parts to build a complete crate 22RE, including a Toyota short block, along with every nut and bolt to build the entire motor factory fresh. The block is still in storage and will be going on the stand soon enough. Other than that, the first order is to pull everyrhing out of storage and take inventory. First to come out were these two boxes which came from 22REPerformance many moons ago.

Brand new head with upgraded valves and springs and one of their torqer cams.

View attachment 2035933

Which will reside below their drilled rocker assembly for better oiling all topped by this beautiful valve cover.

View attachment 2035932

Over the next few days I am going to start bringing parts over, get the block on a stand and start assembling everything into a complete long block.

This is awesome. Following. Love me some 22re mini truck action

Remember when I said I got pretty much every nut and bolt...

0804192008.jpg

Do belts go bad?

0804192010a.jpg

Cap, hoses, sensors, I got er'thang

0804192009.jpg

0804192010.jpg

0804192009a.jpg

I'm going to have to get the part number diagrams just to know what goes where.

Timing cover oil pan and pickup are still in the barn, I'll grab them later this week. Slab prep slowed the parts re-acquaintance process, but should be able to get back in the groove.

Remember when I said I got pretty much every nut and bolt...

View attachment 2049499
Do belts go bad?

View attachment 2049501

Cap, hoses, sensors, I got er'thang

View attachment 2049494

View attachment 2049504

View attachment 2049505

I'm going to have to get the part number diagrams just to know what goes where.

Timing cover oil pan and pickup are still in the barn, I'll grab them later this week. Slab prep slowed the parts re-acquaintance process, but should be able to get back in the groove.
lots of #awesomeness there

I think they sent you a used skid. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom