OPOR FZJ80 LandCruiser/LX450 Sliders Available @ Metal Tech 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT

Threads
Outpost Off Road has finally gotten around to releasing the FZJ80 Land Cruiser/LX450 version of the slider. Currently we only have the 95/97 era available but the 93/94 version will be followed behind here shortly. These sliders are built using 2x4x.188 box tube and uses 1.75x.120 DOM tubing for the rub rails. They also come with a 1/2" thick CAT protection plate and u-bolts to mount the sliders to the frame.

There will be 3 different options for fill plates, the standard 3 hole dimple plate in front, add the rear dimple plate or full dimple plate front and rear. Pricing for the sliders start at $599.98 and go up from there depending on the different fill plate options/powder coating.

OPOR FZJ80 Land Cruiser/LX450 Sliders

779.jpg

Just last week I was looking and saw that you had them listed as a "featured product" in your flyer but couldn't find them or a price for them on your site, nice to see what they actually run now.

Is the main difference between the OPOR and the Metal Tech slider the level of protection, strength, and weight? They both seem to have a platform to step on, which I need since I still have really young kids.

I've just acquired a '93 (yes, I'm brand new to the Mud forums and the 4x4 world), so I'll be anxiously awaiting the release of this budget friendly option. This will potentially be my first mod for the otherwise stock vehicle.

i just bought my sliders at IPOR . .

you know there has to be more to it than just price. I do not think that MT would not cut their nose off to spite their face, so to speak!

Difference is the OPOR sliders use square tubing with round tubing mounted to it, while the Metal Tech sliders use bent sheet like a fuselage with round tubes added to it. There is some ability to add accessories with the MT's that you wouldn't have with the OPOR, I believe there is a battery bracket and an air tank bracket you can add to the MT's

Edit
good image of the Metal Tech Fuselage idea.

6_3_.jpg

Difference is the OPOR sliders use square tubing with round tubing mounted to it, while the Metal Tech sliders use bent sheet like a fuselage with round tubes added to it. There is some ability to add accessories with the MT's that you wouldn't have with the OPOR, I believe there is a battery bracket and an air tank bracket you can add to the MT's

Edit
good image of the Metal Tech Fuselage idea.

6_3_.jpg

Interesting, I think it is good that OPOR slider tubes are closed off. The open boxed area would make a good home for some critters.....not that we have much of that here in SoCal. Also that area would probably collect a lot of dirt and mud.

Either way $855 shipped to the door isn't too bad for a good set of sliders with full dimple plates for steps/wife and powder coated. If you get basic model and rattle can yourself then you should be able to get away for around 700 shipped! Really can't beat this deal!

Can't wait for mine to show up!

...Misspelled via IH8MUD app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom