ONSC Other Cars Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know much about those 944 engines specifically, but I haven't seen many people mod the non-turbo 944 engine variants. Haven't looked much either.

That being said, every Porsche benefits from an aftermarket exhaust. Do that (catback at least) and drive the piss out of it.
It already sounds excellent. I will research high flow or possibly no cats at all. And maybe like a ram air set up. More air in and more air out.

Awesome. I bet that is a blast to drive.

I dig the mods. I am on the fence about doing anything to the 944. First time in my life. I have been modding everything I have driven for 38 years. Ha. It runs so good and is stock as a rock. Maybe high flow cats.

All input appreciated.
1705597831524.png

You gain only 15lbs going from a 944 turbo engine to a 5.7 LS1. An all aluminum 5.3 variant would be even less. My old highschool budy's dad has sold his ls swapped 944 but that thing was a hoot.

I was posting these photos in the Wrenching thread but figure better over here.
I am working on the added frame rails to attach the Heidts Mustang II front suspension.
There will be added gussets etc. for strength but will not be even tacking it in until I have the suspension in house and can verify all my geometry.

I can not express how much I am digging this frame table set up. The jack screws make things a whole lot easier and more precise. Many tables I have seen in the past are not a whole lot more than a couple I beams and a few connecting pieces that you weld supports to.
Square D makes a table similar to this one. I am thinking KC designed this one with improving the Square D model in mind.

I have two jack screw under each member, the rear mounts are a cradle 2" wide the 3/8" tapped holes on both sides to lock a member in if I choose. Imagine trying to hold that member in place with just clamps etc. while marking etc. I smile every time I look at it. :)

428619873_724594739653127_2065564730917368679_n.jpg

428604471_724594786319789_5875561563613328908_n.jpg

428610410_724594816319786_98874362898806681_n.jpg
428698969_724594686319799_4975651043945136274_n.jpg

The Heidts front suspension for the Mercedes arrived this morning. It is like Xmas around here the last couple days!

434219078_744413447671256_6085210691086125073_n.jpg

Really like this one. You get a good deal on it? How does it handle? I almost purchased a Porsche before I got into my M Coupe but I had so much history with the S52 M cars, being that I had three, so that tipped the scales.

Yes. It was totaled and I bought it for cheap. Suspension damage only, no body work or paint needed.

It's a riot. The handling is sublime.

You can't go wrong with the 987 platform, probably the best sports car you can buy for the money and they just keeping looking better with time. I have a 2008 Cayman S. I agree the handling is sublime.
No s***! Another cruiser addict who dabbles with p-cars. Where in NC are you? We should get together.

I find the 987 super easy to work on. I love it.

No s***! Another cruiser addict who dabbles with p-cars. Where in NC are you? We should get together.

I find the 987 super easy to work on. I love it.
I'm in Gastonia. I love Porsches, nothing sounds like a flat 6 and no modern car is as fun to drive as a Porsche. The biggest reason I purchased a cayman over a 911 is the ease of maintenance. To do anything on a 911 you have to pretty much remove the exhaust and drop the motor. I try to do all my own work on my cars so when purchasing a new toy that is a big factor in my decision.

I dabble in a little bit of everything, I like variety. I have the 71 FJ40 08 Cayman S and a 66 Mustang

320A1288 (2).jpg

IMG_5571 2 (3).jpg

20221112_082035.jpg

I'm in Gastonia. I love Porsches, nothing sounds like a flat 6 and no modern car is as fun to drive as a Porsche. The biggest reason I purchased a cayman over a 911 is the ease of maintenance. To do anything on a 911 you have to pretty much remove the exhaust and drop the motor. I try to do all my own work on my cars so when purchasing a new toy that is a big factor in my decision.

I dabble in a little bit of everything, I like variety. I have the 71 FJ40 08 Cayman S and a 66 Mustang

View attachment 3598549

View attachment 3598550

View attachment 3598551

That's a great collection! Little bit of everything. That Mustang will peak the interest of @Green Hell Mustang as he has a similar one but a little more racecar.

New rig being delivered last Sunday

Going to live its entire life off road

20240331_105433.jpg

Looking for something similar, but maybe electric, for around town and Wife to drive.

^^Just an example. Looking for something cheaper. Would have to replace that Bills sticker on that one LOL

Looking for something similar, but maybe electric, for around town and Wife to drive.

^^Just an example. Looking for something cheaper. Would have to replace that Bills sticker on that one LOL
I have a similar golf cart (not looking to sell) but thought I would give some experience:
- we had really good luck with: Victory Lane Golf Carts - Godwin, NC - Home - https://www.victorylanegolfcarts.com/ check them out...
- go with Lithium batteries if you can; they are still around 2x cost of traditional batteries but if you want to use it, its worth it. We just replaced with lead acid again but we use it so rarely, I couldn't justify the cost difference
- you can purchase these as street legal or convert to street legal. I believe there are LSEV (Low Speed Electric Vehicle) regulations you can look-up for NC. I have not done it but if we ever purchase a vacation property, it would be top of my list

I started to bring mine to RR and after I got there, wish that I had... although, I needed the steps

Looking for a mechanic in the Charlotte area who works on 1976 TR-6 cars. Friend in the area needs his gone through before selling.
Thanks for any help.

Looking for a mechanic in the Charlotte area who works on 1976 TR-6 cars. Friend in the area needs his gone through before selling.
Thanks for any help.
I used to have a 1975 TR6 about 10 years ago I would have my major work done by a guy named Jack who had a shop in concord but I no longer see his shop listed. He may have retired. You could reach out to the Triumph Club of the Carolinas, I'm sure they could lead you in the direction of a reputable shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom