ONSC Chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After learning to wrench on the LCs, I’ve begun paying more attention to my wife’s daily driver (‘15 Highlander) and doing things myself. The coolant was leaking, so I investigated and figured out it was the t-stat housing gasket. No problem…ordered the parts from Toyota and went ahead and threw in new radiator hoses as well. Topped off coolant and kept an eye on it until the parts arrived. Got the parts in, knocked out the replacements in about an hour. Refilled the coolant and…it was full of oil. FML. I don’t see this costing me less than a couple suspension kits for the 80s. They will be on the road one day, just not today unfortunately.
How low did the coolant get? How observant is your wife?

How low did the coolant get? How observant is your wife?
She isn’t conditioned to pay as much attention to that car as she is when driving the LC. She said she noticed and refilled it when the temp warning buzzer went off. The radiator cap rubber failed and between that and a slight leak in the t-stat housing, I’m pretty sure it all just steamed out just enough to not be noticeable.

It’s getting looked at right now, so we shall see.

Good luck. Hopefully not a HG.

Rode in a 200k dollar 1993 d110 with a ls3 this weekend and i just dont get it. Puma dash, suede heafliner and u still sit against the door. Looks cool but damn the interior space is so weird to me. I’m 5’10” and 175 lbs on a good day and it feels cramped in every seat. And the guy said some d110 conversions are bringing closer to 300k now.

Rode in a 200k dollar 1993 d110 with a ls3 this weekend and i just dont get it. Puma dash, suede heafliner and u still sit against the door. Looks cool but damn the interior space is so weird to me. I’m 5’10” and 175 lbs on a good day and it feels cramped in every seat. And the guy said some d110 conversions are bringing closer to 300k now.
the price is speculation and yuppies.... people buying rigs that will never use them for what they were inteneded for and using them as a status symbol and investment. Sadly this keeps them out of the hands of people that actually want the rig to use it for their intended purpose. Same people that buy up cruisers with 350k on the clock for 10k and up.

Don't getting it is a personal choise. I love the interior of everyone i've ever been in. yes I wish there was more width room in the driving seat but that is my only complaint. I've never driven an LS defender because I love the simplicity of hoped up 200 and 300 TDI's. Don't see the point of doing the swap unless the defender had the 3.9 in it.

Y’all remember that one time …. 😂

1694654828591.png

Y’all remember that one time …. 😂

View attachment 3428854
Hilarious how this picture does NOT capture that dropoff. Looks like a buch of yahoos looking for an excuse to break out the winch tackle :D

Unrelated: Dozer had a bungee holding the front turn signal lens on for this trip. Can you say ghettofabulous??

People probably say the same thing when they ride in a 50k 60. I love the d110, but for 200k I suddenly don’t get it any more.
I looked at a few over the years for purchase but There so unreliable I don’t love them that much. Seems like it would be like maintaining a mid 2000s 7 series. l do love the d110 enough that I preordered a ineos grenadier a few months ago though.

It might be the perfect balance.

For now, I’ll keep polishing the turd I pulled out of the junk yard a few years ago.
It’s not LS3 fast but At least I know it’s reliable.

People probably say the same thing when they ride in a 50k 60. I love the d110, but for 200k I suddenly don’t get it any more.
I looked at a few over the years for purchase but There so unreliable I don’t love them that much. Seems like it would be like maintaining a mid 2000s 7 series. l do love the d110 enough that I preordered a ineos grenadier a few months ago though.

It might be the perfect balance.

For now, I’ll keep polishing the turd I pulled out of the junk yard a few years ago.
It’s not LS3 fast but At least I know it’s reliable.
Ineos. Sweet. Did they give a range on price? I have heard from 55 to 85. Quite a range.

Hell, i already got mine. 🤣

What color did you order and are you getting a white roof?

IMG_2638.jpeg

I know some of you guys are customers of McGeorge Toyota in Richmond, VA. Seems they've been bought by a longtime auto group from Northern VA, Ourismon. Some people have gotten letters about it, some haven't. Side note: My dad used to buy his Oldsmobiles and Dodge Caravans from Ourismon back in the 80's and 90's before he became a Cadillac guy.

Does anyone know where I can purchase dry ice in the vicinity of Raleigh NC?

I have this nice mess to clean up.
IMG_4725.jpeg

Haha.
google kept trying to send me to Harris teater and I thought it was wrong.

Headed there now. Hopefully I can pick some up. The hippy chic destroyed the interior so it all needs to be replaced and needs to be scrubbed clean.

Edit:
Found some.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom