ONSC Annual Christmas/Holiday Party 2021 - December 3-5th at the Barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
Hey Folks!

Please join us as we celebrate the end of an amazing year! Not quite as bad as 2020, but 2021 had it's share of headaches and stress!

Prescription: Come out to Uwharrie with your favorite cruiser friends and family for the ONSC Christmas Party!

December 3-5th at the Barn (I'll put GPS coordinates in shortly for those of you that haven't been)

Overall summary:
  • Camping at/around the barn - or sleep inside if you pre-arrange with Kenny
  • URE off-roading nearby - night or day
  • Pot luck meal on Friday
  • Club provided dinner for Saturday
  • The real Santa will be there for the kids - please bring your little ones (please tell us they're coming so Santa has enough toys!)
  • Dirty SANTA - for the adults (wrap a gift and place it on the big reel under the tree in the barn - don't tell anyone which one is yours - further details below)

Thursday arrival may be arranged in advance (12/2)
Otherwise: arrive any time on Friday 12/3

Aside from wheeling and hanging out here are the structured events:

Friday night pot luck - lots of outlets if you're using a crockpot.
If you're coming and bringing something, please say so in this thread so we don't have a lot of the same type of stuff. There's nothing wrong with running to Bojangles if you forget - but please make an effort to bring something cool/unique.

Saturday

6PM ish - Club will provide smoked meat and sides for dinner
7PM ish - Santa will arrive for the kids
8PM ish - Dirty Santa (Older kids/adults)

Rules for Dirty Santa:
Wrap ONE gift per participant and place it on the big reel under the tree in the barn
We will count the gifts and have that many slips of paper in a hat with numbers on them
Anyone that brought a gift grabs a number out of the hat - this determines who chooses first
Person with the number 1 goes first - they pick any item under the tree and open it
Once they touch an item, they've chosen - no shaking or lifting to determine weight/contents
Everyone else sees what they have received (good or bad)
Person with the next number (number 2) then has to choose:
  1. Do I steal that item that number 1 just opened - or any other items that have been opened?
  2. Do I pick another item from under the tree?
Once an item has been STOLEN 3 times, it cannot be stolen again. The last Dirty Santa thief gets that item
If an item is stolen from you, you cannot steal it back - but you now have a choice:
  1. Do I steal another item that has been opened?
  2. Do I pick another item from under the tree?
This continues until the last participant has had their turn and all prizes are gone.

Rules for the prizes:
  • No value limit - but typically things in the $15-30 range are acceptable
  • Silly/Gag/Dirty gifts are always fun - but ones that people really want are usually more fun (liquor does well / tools/parts/etc)
  • Please only participate if you brought something
  • If you forget to bring something, the outpost has a fine selection of items

Please respond to this thread, like this:

I'll be there
Arriving Friday
Bringing X number of kids under 12 (for Santa)
Potluck: Chili

Hope to see you all there for the last event of the year. There's wood for the fire, the grass is cut, the 2nd barn is cleared..... Let's do it!

I'll be there Saturday to Sunday.
I'll be arriving with the Keefer clan but most likely my niece and nephew will also be joining 11 and 12 years.

Potluck
Most likely Chilli
@erymer I better be seeing deviled eggs from you ;)

Kenny @alk747triodad there better be some hugs left for me when I get there.

Last edited:
I'll be there - I may arrive on Thursday not sure yet.
I'll be bringing the red suit... shhhhh. but no kiddies obviously
Potluck - likely bringing my steak cooker and serving sliced steak

I'll be there Saturday to Sunday.
I'll be arriving with the Keefer clan but most likely my niece and nephew will also be joining 11 and 12 years.

Potluck
Most likely Chilli
@erymer I better be seeing deviled eggs from you ;)

Kenny @alk747triodad there better be some hugs left for me when I get there.
Sorry buddy. Hate to say it but my schedule is already full for the weekend.

Man, hate I'm going to miss this!!! Going to be out of the country or would be there. Have enough fun for me as well!

I will be there. Arriving Friday. No kids under 12. Potluck: Yes. TBD.

Saturday, no kids, Rufus may show up.

I'll be there with my fiance Friday night.
I'll bring Rotel for pot luck.
We have a cabin (with Scott Johnson) close to the outpost, so we won't be spending the night there.

I'm a solid maybe at this point. Earlier that week I'm flying down to Texas and driving a new rig back and will need to see if it and I are roadworthy for another trip. Will likely be a game time decision Wednesday or Thursday for me.

Unfortunately we have other plans for that weekend and will not be able to attend. :(

I am def in. Will be coming on Friday time dependent on wether their is still some work to be done or when others are coming.

My two sons will be a game time decision on wether they come with but for accountability purposes put me down as 3

Also, I have the ONSC CANOPY I was going to bring it but to store it back in the ONSC trailer but we can set it up if you all want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom