OMG!!! Towing w/o swaybars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zooguy

SILVER Star
Threads
I have 1800lbs car hauler and pull my 2 4400lbs 66 pontiac around with it when I need to.

Yes it tows fine.
I have about 3"lift ... OME T-bars, 864x 400 kg rear springs, 60002 rear shocks. 33" E-load range tires. It tows pretty darn good despite what a lot of people will say. My Land cruiser is a 1999 so admittedly it's a little down on power but as long as you are aware of this it does just fine.

I noticed my sway bar end links we're loose and would chatter. So I went ahead and removed my rear sway bar and my front sway bar for the very first time. There is a little bit more noticeable body roll. As long as I'm not trying to treat the 6970lbs beast like a Miata or a Corvette I feel like it's actually improved the ride quality this could be because my sway bar end links had 200,000 miles on them and after the lift were pulling the rear sway bar up at a non-optimal position.

I haven't tested it yet but I am curious if anybody on here tows occasionally with their Land cruiser and does not have sway bars installed.

IMG_20230510_184644.jpg

IMG_20230805_072623.jpg

IMG_20230719_085019.jpg

It improved the ride quality because an anti sway bar is a torsion spring. If you put a heavier bar in there the ride would be stiffer.

I haven't tried my 100 without bars but I have in a few other vehicles and always hated the sloppy handling.

Why not just replace the bushings?

It probably does ride better but until you need to do an evasive maneuver with a trailer in tow and s*** goes sideways.... My vote (not like you asked ) is unsafe and should just replace the links and keep it installed .....should go for the extended links from trail tailor since you're riding a few inches over stock.....

Eeeeeyikes the idea of running without sway bars makes me nervous.

I understand the affect on articulation when wheeling, but for street driving and towing and whatnot I actually want the stiffest sway bars possible. They prevent sway after all.

I upgraded the sway bars on my GS430 and it’s actually MORE comfortable cuz the bumps are quickly stifled instead of letting the whole car flop back and forth.

Personally I quite dislike the stock Toyota floppy bars. Stiffen those bad boys up.

ive driven my 100 without sway bars, and other than increased body roll, i barely noticed a differnece in the way it drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom