$18 extended front sway bar links (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the front of my truck has developed a very small clunk over bumps and I figured since I'm lifted and the original links had 325k miles I'd start there. While the Trail Tailor links look great I do not have $145 in the budget for them. So Google image searching I went. After a little while I found some 90s Volvo links that looked like they might work so I took a chance. Rock Auto had them for less than $9 each and I was already placing an order for some other stuff. Today I went to work and found the bottom end was a little too wide so a little bit of time with the flap disc on the grinder and they went in.

20240217_141040.jpg

They are Delphi, DE TC1189

Any pictures of them installed? how have they been?
They were fine. I developed a front end noise shortly after installing them and installed some stock ones trying to pinpoint the noise but it ended up being a worn ball joint and I haven't had the motivation to swap the longer ones back in.

20240221_140101.jpg

cool find! I love finding little upgrades, one of my favorites is someone found Honda Odyssey Windshield washer sprayers fit perfectly in the 3rd Gen 4Runner. and the spray pattern is 1000% better than the Toyota ones. Simple and effective upgrade. ( I wish there was a similar upgrade for the 100 series windshield washer)

I wish there was a similar upgrade for the 100 series windshield washer

Someone in another thread mentioned recently that they replaced their oem washer nozzles with Duralast nozzles that have the "mist" pattern and they really liked them.

Someone in another thread mentioned recently that they replaced their oem washer nozzles with Duralast nozzles that have the "mist" pattern and they really liked them.
I run the generic Duralast "mist pattern" sprayers on both of my 100s and they are great. Easy to swap and SO much better than the three streams that never seemed to hit the right spot and wasted washer fluid like crazy...

Cool! Do you recall what model Volvo they were from? I think I might give this a try.
I can look up the part number from my rock auto order later and let you know.

I run the generic Duralast "mist pattern" sprayers on both of my 100s and they are great. Easy to swap and SO much better than the three streams that never seemed to hit the right spot and wasted washer fluid like crazy...
Did you know the stock ones were adjustable?

Did you know the stock ones were adjustable?

Still not the mist pattern coverage which seems way more efficient.

But if anyone wants to try it, just stick a needle in the eyelet holes of the nozzles and their stream trajectory can be adjusted any which way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom