Olive Brown, Code 653, hood painted... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
As ugly as the Olive Brown sounds....It is slowly becoming my favorite cruiser color..........

Sneak Peak:

olivepaint.jpg

Will be fun to drive over to the original owner and show the cruiser when it is done, guy lives right down the road....:)...his wife had tears when I was paying them for the truck....they bought the cruiser with wedding money in 78 and just now sold it...
78bos.jpg

Last edited:
Have always like that color....

Looks good man!

Cool color. My buddy had a '78 in OB and the current owner is doing a ground up restoration on it here in Loveland. It lived on a Berthoud Dairy for the first 20 years and had some rust and normal issues, but only 60K-70K miles.

Looking good!

Holy Shiat that is shinny, and looks great. Must be nice to paint over real steel

Actually, color code 653 is Olive Green. The 6-- series of color numbers are the greens, and the 4-- series are the browns. I don't believe an Olive Brown color even exists. A somewhat similar color, Buffalo Brown, is #414. This is Olive Green #653 in the picture.

Nice work!

Here is a quote fromTHIS thread

"the PPG number is 653 and is Olive Green, not Olive Brown like it says on the CC site. Olive Brown is PPG 254 and it is from 1977 canadian color ( based on the PPG color chart info) interesting tidbit. The olive green (653) had a color chip on the chart, the 254 Olive Brown no chip "...

-----------------------------------------------

This is a great color for an FJ40 - Painted FJ40 finished it has been a year in the AZ heat and it still looks like a fresh paint job :)

Razor said:
As ugly as the Olive Brown sounds....It is slowly becoming my favorite cruiser color..........

Sneak Peak:

olivepaint.jpg

Back to the original color mentioned...
I really like this color, since it looks like an Army Green. One of the guys in a local Cruiser club painted his FJ40 a very similar color, and it looks great!

damn that is awesome!! i have white wheels like yours and i wondered what it would look like. it actually looks purely sweet!! i might go with something like that...or a desert tan. do they make a desert tan color?

looks like a kicka$$rig to me dude...lots of time and money sittin there huh eheheh.

i see alot of people on here do their own painting and i was trying to decide what color to go with.
are most of these trucks painted with primer and a clear coat or is actual paint used?
i dont know if i want to do the whole primer/paint thing. primer would be alot easier, then maybe some clear for some shine.

soon.......I cannot wait till it is done, I love the color...

The cruiser is down to bare matal...looked freaky, I asked them to clear coat the bare metal and be done...:-0

One single fish eye in the hood appeared, they tried to flood it with no luch...they are re sanding it and repainting.....

Should be done at the end of the week depending on putting it back together time.....

The painted Hood in the picture, matches the interior perfectly.........might be lighting in the picture I took...

desertdude said:
Thanks! - - - - Razor more pics ;)

'Cause I want to wheel mine , I did a single stage urethane acrylic - about 3 -4 coats of color and 2 coats of primer sanding in between - plenty of shine - and some of that traditional orange peel Toyota was famous for on the Fj's

ok, Olive Green..........sounds even worse than Olive Brown.

I can live with that.... ;p

Love the color, Pics in a few day's.

thx

Hood looks great - Must admit, I'm partial to olive green........
crop2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom