Builds Old Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I dropped a bunch of parts off to get PC And some big stuff shipped today so hopefully by Friday it will be here 🤷‍♂️

Rear axle showed up today . Ruffstuff housing. Tundra diff Dana 60 outers . Very well made housing

IMG_6340.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6342.jpeg

IMG_6344.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg

depending upon ur end goals, like lug count and spacing, there are some junk yard axles one can cut the ends off the axle housing and reuse to get factory disc brakes, e-brake, etc and save a lot of $ (assuming u probably already know said) and makes getting parts in the future easy and cheap. I used the E350 8 lug ends

depending upon ur end goals, like lug count and spacing, there are some junk yard axles one can cut the ends off the axle housing and reuse to get factory disc brakes, e-brake, etc and save a lot of $ (assuming u probably already know said) and makes getting parts in the future easy and cheap. I used the E350 8 lug ends
Since we already have the wheels we will stay 6 lug . I honestly am not a fan on using Used brake parts . By the time i find used parts pay for used parts spend time to make used parts work I could just get the new correct parts and be done . We will find other places to save on this build but its not going to be on the drivetrain . Alot of parts will be coming off my 40 as i am changing somethings and moving them over to this one .

any reason you went with the RS housing vs FROR?
I did not Buy this This is My Friend Mikes 40 i am just building it . But if i where to compare the RS to the FROR i would have to say the RS looks to be built better . Not in any way saying the Diamond is not built well They are great . Just the RS welds look cleaner and they do add the extra skid .

Since we already have the wheels we will stay 6 lug . I honestly am not a fan on using Used brake parts . By the time i find used parts pay for used parts spend time to make used parts work I could just get the new correct parts and be done . We will find other places to save on this build but its not going to be on the drivetrain . Alot of parts will be coming off my 40 as i am changing somethings and moving them over to this one .
Was referring to hard parts, buying new/remand calipers, pads, shoes, rotors goes without saying, personal I see no issues in reusing hub, backing plates, mounts, spindles. Looked at the solid kit u have in the pic but really liked the dual pistons on the E350 and having the builtin e-brake with said was made it an easy decision. Like I said end goals for ones project have to weighted in, plus like u pointed out ones time into to parts acquisition is important.

Pezzy yes I have the diff . It’s heavy . For the front we are going to use a 9i inch diff with 60 outers

Last edited:
why the tundra out back, I get the big parts but options & cost are higher than a 9 ", or it used to be.

why the tundra out back, I get the big parts but options & cost are higher than a 9 ", or it used to be.
Well Because we had the Tundra 3rd and what Toyota Diff is stronger than the Tundra ? I dont want to use one up front because the packaging gets tight and would be hard to make work . So for the front we will make a 609 . Mike had purchased a 9 inch rear the only problem was it was stock width . So we will use the 9 inch 3rd for the front .

Is the center chunk alot bigger on the Tundra diff vs. the 9 ? I've been wanting to get ahold of one of those center chunks for awhile, there was a good thread on those awhile back. Is there an arb for those now ?

Is the center chunk alot bigger on the Tundra diff vs. the 9 ? I've been wanting to get ahold of one of those center chunks for awhile, there was a good thread on those awhile back. Is there an arb for those now ?
Yes ARB and 4:88 gears. Yes I will take a pick of it next to a 9.5 tonite

Is the arb 35 spline or the Yota 32 spline ?
ARB comes as 36 spline, same as OEM. The side gears in the ARB can be replaced with 35 spline units to use more common 35 spline shafts, but not really a benefit to do that in the rear as youre likely buying custom shafts anyway and no issues getting full float rear shafts with proper 36 spline at the diff. The 35 spline side gears are half the price of the whole ARB, spendy little things.

They are very large!

Photos here:

Not much this week to report. Just a few parts getting done at the PC shop

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6360.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom