Oil for Injection Pump B engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.inditravel.org
I have a 1976 BJ40 with a fuel problem. While looking around I noticed the pump has a dipstick. Stick is dry so I guess it need a bit oil.
Is this regular engine oil? And capacity?
My B engine manual do not have this dipstick, and the EPC shows two different types of pumps.
I have googled, but not found much info on this pump, 22100-56020

Injector Pump Min 40.jpg

Later versions of this pump just used an engine oil feed.. and these pumps really havent changed since your model. I cant find a specific reference that details the exact oil required but I would absolutely just go ahead and use engine oil myself.

I have a 1976 BJ40 with a fuel problem. While looking around I noticed the pump has a dipstick. Stick is dry so I guess it need a bit oil.
Is this regular engine oil? And capacity?
My B engine manual do not have this dipstick, and the EPC shows two different types of pumps.
I have googled, but not found much info on this pump, 22100-56020

View attachment 2442964
You should put the same oil you use on the motor . My H motor (6 cylinder) injection pump takes 300 ml of engine oil , so , a B injection should take a bit less . Anyway , you fill the pump via the dipstick , so it is easy . Make sure there is no leaks , via the drain plug . Injection pump should never run dry ( expensive !!! )

Not sure about your IP but the leather diaphragm loves neatsfoot oil to keep the leather soft and supple. Decent pics in the 3b engine manual as it also shows were to drain the diaphragm housing of contaminated oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom