Oil Change Service Centers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The drive shafts need to be lubed when changing the oil.
Good luck getting that done at the express lube at Groove Toyota. And yes always lock you glovebox especially when taking your truck to a Toyota dealer.

Oh man. Buckle up. This is the single biggest fault of the 200 series - the process for changing the cabin filter and the lack of understanding of how by both owners and service techs. But it is a super easy process if you know and follow the steps. Key - always put the climate control on recirc before you try to change the cabin filter. A plastic / fabric bellows will move out of the way automatically, facilitating the change out. Forget to set to ‘recirc’ and there is a pretty good chance of damage. And it can be an expensive fix.

Don’t trust anyone else to know this.
Ok now I understand. I was confused cuz I was asking about quick oil change service shops. Yes I change the cabin filter. Very easy.

The MM Act governs OEM warranties, and even OEM extended (there are some nuances, but generally this is the rule). Third-party warranties are different and are not governed by the MMWA/FTC.
All I know is that I have a lifetime warranty on drivetrain and engine as long as I use a certified service center for oil changes. I realize that I may never need this warranty but it's a nice piece of mind. Otherwise I would do it myself. Thanks

Good luck getting that done at the express lube at Groove Toyota. And yes always lock you glovebox especially when taking your truck to a Toyota dealer.
I'm going where you recommended although I had to set up an appointment a week out. Not a pop in pop out service but I like the fact they appreciate the LC.

That's what I thought when I went to Denver's largest Toyota dealer for my last change. 3 hours. I asked after an hour and the SA said nothing is that quick in service. One would think they would have a bay dedicated to oil changes, in and out 30-45 min tops. I'll look around at some other dealers or bite the bullet and go to this Amsoil dealer that I've heard good things about. Was hoping for an easy solution today. Thanks!
Toy Car Care is an indie that has always treated me well. Depending on where you are in Denver.

FWIW, the local Lexus dealer ugga-dugga'd my drain plug on cross-threaded and I had to replace my oil pan. In my experience, pretty much anyone and everyone will overtighten the filter or the drain plug. For oil changes, I'm the only person I trust. Sad but true.

FWIW, the local Lexus dealer ugga-dugga'd my drain plug on cross-threaded and I had to replace my oil pan. In my experience, pretty much anyone and everyone will overtighten the filter or the drain plug. For oil changes, I'm the only person I trust. Sad but true.
Same unfortunately. Changing oil is not a good use of my time, but I don't trust many people to do it right. Mostly because it is a somewhat mundane task so it is always left to inexperienced techs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom